Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-22-2001, 06:11 PM   #41
Gaelic
Elminster

Yorick, in many cases I would agree with you that discretion is the better part of valor. However, in the example you gave, you voluntarily inserted yourself into the situation, there was an escalation, and though you may have been surprised by the strike, you were wrapped up in something and you probably didn't expect a hug from the guy. The MP was walking along, minding his own business, and got smacked. He took about a second to recover and smacked back. Had there been a shouting match as a preface, perhaps the MP would have walked away. Politicians, whatever their views, are not to be used as targets for physical attacks of any kind. Looks to me like a grown-up taught a child (even if he is 29) a lesson. I am not an advocate for violence, but I think the response was justified.

PS: Washington and Oregon residents HAVE been getting screwed by the CA power price controls. That's what happens when you screw with what's supposed to be a free market. Gee, thanks Slick Willie!

------------------
Gaelic
Old 05-23-2001, 12:59 AM   #42
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Luckily my apartment complex gets its power from a smaller independent power source so we havent seen the huge prices and I can continue to be a big energy waster

------------------
BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!
Old 05-23-2001, 05:11 AM   #43
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaelic:
Looks to me like a grown-up taught a child (even if he is 29) a lesson. I am not an advocate for violence, but I think the response was justified.

Unfortunately the child is likely to come out of it quite well. There will be no charge by the police, he is threatening to take out a private prosecution against Prescott, he will sell his story to the tabloids, appear on chat shows and there is talk of a pop video with Catatonia.

Arrrrrrrr Cerys - if I throw an egg at a politician will you make a record with me?

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Old 05-23-2001, 03:59 PM   #44
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaelic:
Yorick, in many cases I would agree with you that discretion is the better part of valor. However, in the example you gave, you voluntarily inserted yourself into the situation, there was an escalation, and though you may have been surprised by the strike, you were wrapped up in something and you probably didn't expect a hug from the guy. The MP was walking along, minding his own business, and got smacked. He took about a second to recover and smacked back. Had there been a shouting match as a preface, perhaps the MP would have walked away. Politicians, whatever their views, are not to be used as targets for physical attacks of any kind. Looks to me like a grown-up taught a child (even if he is 29) a lesson. I am not an advocate for violence, but I think the response was justified.

Of course, as I said, his response looked reflex. I haven't condemned him at all in my posts!

Now Fjlotsdale, what do you mean by that. I went and edited my gut-spilling post from a while ago. You know what I mean though yeah?

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 05-23-2001, 04:11 PM   #45
Gaelic
Elminster

I sure the goof will be offered a biography deal.

------------------
Gaelic
Old 05-23-2001, 04:16 PM   #46
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:

Now Fjlotsdale, what do you mean by that. I went and edited my gut-spilling post from a while ago. You know what I mean though yeah?
I figured you'd done a fair bit of editing!
Not that I reckon you need to. Everyone in this forum likes you pretty well, Yorick, and they have a lot of respect for you as well. You can say what you like and get no stick for it, lol!

------------------