Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-08-2001, 09:47 AM   #11
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Knight:
I checked the autosave option on the Microsoft Word. Turned off, of course. Grrrrrrrr. Oh well. Hopefully, I can redo it to the same affect. We shall see.
Can't say I blame you - especially when working on larger files autosave can get annoying unless you set it to a higher frequency. I've also faced a similar situation, but with a much more satisfactory ending. I used to own a particularly shite 286 which crapped out all the time. When I upgraded I had a very fun time taking the 286 quietly out behind the shed and teaching it a lesson with a spade (seen the movie Office Space? Very similar).

Now, while I'm not suggesting you steal a lab computer and get evil on it, perhaps some other form of aggression release will help (find a local village and run around screaming about blue screens of death at old ladies or something).

I can completely identify with you though - I think we've all been there at some point.

------------------
Old 03-08-2001, 09:54 AM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
A small advice, use notepad or wordpad instead. Tehy donīt "die" as often and with wordpad you still can edit your text and itīs faster too..

I donīt use word at all, i hate that program! I set your texts i received in InDesign.. and made a PDF of it.. I hope you will like it when you can see it *damn server!*

WORDPERFECT.....that's my opinion. Mr. Gates' products all tend to be too userunfriendly, in my not so humble opinion. I only use them when I have to.
I find WordPerfect navigates better than Word, is more intuitive that way and it autosaves when you have Blue Screen Of Death events. Saved my fingers tons of extra work on more than one occasion!

So Sayeth the Office Worker

------------------
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Old 03-08-2001, 09:58 AM   #13
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

All good points, which I shall try to use when I get around to buying a computer of my own. (sigh). Back to it, though . . .

BK
Old 03-08-2001, 09:58 AM   #14
Sir_Tainly

Word Perfect and User friendly in one sentence Cloudy?

Has anyone here tried Sun's Star Office?

------------------

Old 03-08-2001, 10:06 AM   #15
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

bahumbug!

Try InDesign and QuarkXpress instead!! These are REAL programs
(Ok making a joke here)

------------------

::HOWLING WOLFGIR THE MAD WOLF::
Old 03-08-2001, 11:00 AM   #16
Gray Mage
Banned User

CB: WordPerfect...Blech!! .....oops, sorry I hate it when that happens

I'm sorry, I guess I fear change, I've always use Office products and I'm to old to learn a new program.

------------------

Feel My Power
Old 03-08-2001, 11:13 AM   #17
Moiraine
Anubis

One who has never used VI (Unix stuff) cannot know what is REALLY a user-unfriendly text editor ... (I even remember having read the word 'user-hostile' long ago in a paper).
The more I know Unix, the more I love Windows !

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moiraine (edited 03-08-2001).]
Old 03-08-2001, 12:01 PM   #18
WOLFGIR

LMTO!!!

Hehe, well Unix can make the best cry like babies at times, now that is something that really scares me!!

------------------

Old 03-08-2001, 12:15 PM   #19
Moiraine
Anubis

Yeah, Wolfie, usually when I say that I get thrown tomatoes by these so-called 'best computer engineers in the world', on the theme that Unix is SOOOOO powerful ... The same guys that say 'What is ergonomy, by the way ?'

------------------
Old 03-08-2001, 12:18 PM   #20
WOLFGIR

LMTO!!

Hehe, well how about the new Macintoshīs maybe the same designers, we sell all our computers with DVD players but with our new well boosted about operative you canīt use them !!! LOL

------------------