Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-18-2001, 07:22 AM   #1
Vampire

I have finished with this final party, do you think it's strong enough for TOB and TOB only! It has that huge Durlag Tower style dungeon and I fear I don't have proper thieves!!!

me) Inquisitor Paladin
Minsc) Ranger
Imoen) Thief-Mage
Nalia) Thief-Mage
Jaheira) fighter/druid
Aerie) Cleric/Mage

I also hate the fact that my multi classed ones might dim out in TOB's 8 million exp cap!
Old 05-18-2001, 07:28 AM   #2
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

In my opinion drop Nalia and get Valygar Nalia is a snobbish biatch and i dont like her. An you should get another pure class like korgan eve tho he is evil

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-18-2001, 07:35 AM   #3
Vampire

My rep is 20 and other than Jah, everyone is good!
What about Cernd, I am spell heavy player!!!!
Old 05-18-2001, 07:46 AM   #4
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
My rep is 20 and other than Jah, everyone is good!
What about Cernd, I am spell heavy player!!!!
Cernd can be a good player if you use him right. I have completed a game with him before so he cant be that bad.

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-18-2001, 07:50 AM   #5
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Yep if you have Imoen you dont really need Nalia and all her whining. Gods shes annoying. Valygar is alot tougher. Or even Anomen. Anybody but Nalia. you could dump Aerie too because if someone looks at her she starts bleeding. No hit points on that girl makes her more trouble than shes worth. she might do a little damamge in a fight but youve constantly got to be healing her. What a pain. Keep Imoen and Jaheira and dump Nalia and Aerie for Valygar and Anomen.
Old 05-18-2001, 07:55 AM   #6
Sigmar
Unicorn

I think you should get Korgan(downside evil), Valygar or my choice despite
the fact that i do not think he is very good Anomen.(I duck to avoid gunshots)
He fit in very well in your party if you get rid of Nalia, you have imoen anyway
so it is not a big loss.

------------------
The hammers of justice shall prevail!
Old 05-18-2001, 07:56 AM   #7
Vampire

Is Imoen's thieving skill enough for TOB..hazard a guess. All I need is detect/disarm traps.
I can't chuck out Aerie no matter how week she is because I really like her and she is the romance.
Old 05-18-2001, 08:10 AM   #8
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Ditch Nalia! Imoen's thieving is rubbish but Nalia is Ultra rubbish! You have 2 tanks, plus Jaheira, so shouldn't need another one. But if you do, get Mazzy, rather than one of the others. Why? 'Cos I LIKE her, lol!
Hm. If you want a halfway decent Thief, get JAN. He's funny, too!

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 05-18-2001).]
Old 05-18-2001, 08:29 AM   #9
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Wow.....a Nalia bashing thread here I see.
Personally, I think your party is ok, it is similar to the first party I ever had except the pc is a cavalier. It is fairly balanced since you have 3 tanks and 3 spell casters.
As for the details, honestly I would pick Nalia over Cernd any day since you already have another druid in the party (i.e. Jaheria). Now, if you can get over the annoyance of Nalia's comments (which is where most ppl have trouble with), she is actually a pretty good mage. She has 87 in stats, which is the same as Imoen but just below Keldorn and Jaheria. But in the 87 she's got same INT, DEX, and CON as Imoen...and she also have higher STR (14) than Imoen....but she is low in WIS and CHR. However, since she is a mage, we don't really care too much about WIS and CHR, your pc should have plenty of CHR for conversations. As the thiefing of your party, both Imoen and Nalia is decent when it comes to detect/disarm traps, but if you want to do other types of thiefing...then you might want to consider Jan for either one of them.
I would not recommend Korgan, mainly due to the role-play and alignment factors.....Korgan and Aerie don't (and I mean DON'T) get along, since you like Aerie, Korgan is out of the question. Having a rep at 20 is also problematic since evil characters tends to leave when rep hits above 18. If it is another pure tank you want, then you might want to consider Valygar or a range fighter like Mazzy (she is VERY good with short bows you know....but short swords??).

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-18-2001, 01:31 PM   #10
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
You party is pretty good,just drop Nalia (useles nobles) and pick up Jan for a theif,youll be fine