Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2000, 11:03 AM   #1
Scar
Welcomed New User

I'm about to head to the asylum island to spellhold but just wondered where to get the quests that open new locations on the map ( I dont want to miss any fun and would like to collect XP still.) So far found only umar hills/temple ruins. (I couldnt free mazzy and now the keys are gone...) Please do not tell me to reload and free Mazzy...
Thanks in advance.
Just wondered about bows, since I have an archer. Should I cheat and edit his specializations to shortbows since composite longbows(magical ones) are hard to come by, and just found the Gesen shaft... I hate to cheat but in "real life" RPG the GM would give me a bow to cómplete my skills
Old 11-16-2000, 11:31 AM   #2
H'tiek-Ogreslayer

Go to the Town Gates Area and meet with Flydian (sp), he will explain what is happening in Trademeet and give you directions. Meet with Firkragg in the Copper Coronet to get the Windspear Hills quest. Good Luck.

I didn't like Mazzy to much, you can leave her in her cell. She's safe there.

The Gesen String is in the Asylum Dungeon. I personally liked the short bow you get from the Beasetmaster in the Copper Coronet, it gives you 3 attacks per round.

Old 11-16-2000, 11:33 AM   #3
Armisael

You get to Trademeet by talking to a guy at the Athkatla city gates, and to Windspear hills by speaking to Lord Jierdan at the Copper Coronet. There are some fine longbows out there - the Mana Bow and Tansheron's Bow to name a couple - and besides, no GM I've played with has been benevolent enough to just conveniantly add in an item that would let me hurt stuff more. : P
On a related sidenote, how in hell did you lose the key to Mazzy's cell? It's sitting there on the corpse of something you have to kill as soon as you enter the room. Mazzy's a good NPC in my experience - she starts out with grand mastery in bows. Very nice.

Old 11-16-2000, 03:18 PM   #4
Scar
Welcomed New User

Thank you for the replies. Guess I should explore the city more...
I lost the key because I was too busy exploring the rest of the dungeon (in fact, I was hasted and wanted to use the spell to max effect. Killem all and lootem later... guess I just missed the key and now it is gone.) Anyways, never liked halflings.
Regarding the stuff of giving good items to players in "real life" RPGs. True, it should not be overkill. But don't you think it will just piss of the paladin who is specialized and prefers two handed swords when after his great quest for the holy avenger it is a shot/long sword?
Old 11-16-2000, 07:30 PM   #5
Armisael

Probably. Then again that's a bit different. I could go into the ins and outs of getting a holy avenger, but I think I'll just leave it at 'there are some fine longbows'. If you have a lot of strength or a strength boosting item, go get the Heartseeker +3 from the golem section of the Windspear dungeon, that's quite good.