Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2004, 09:13 AM   #41
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I remember that I lurked at BG2 for a while (orgininally came for help with IWD) and saw a discussion of using Anomen and romances in BG2. I joined so I could post there and LadyZ was one of the first people to post to me. I didn't even know BG2 had romances in it til I saw that thread. There weren't too many ladies on the board back then, but that's changed over the last few years!

Thanks for the reminder, LZ. I'd never seen the Wah/Rikard/Melusine roleplays and they graciously bumped a few for me one day...I nearly fell out of my chair, REALLY! They were hilarious!

And Pauly...those speedos belong in a museum!

The time the ORT took the GD hostage was pretty memorable too. teehee
Old 09-08-2004, 11:29 AM   #42
Vampire

Unpopulated and Baldur's Gate!!!!

hehehehehhee.... those were the days [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2004, 12:46 PM   #43
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

In 2001 I was stuck on Wizards & Warriors I did a search on dogpile for help. After looking through several sites I came across this one. When I joined there was a little over 3000 members, now there is almost 15000.

After getting through W&W I got BG because it was on this site. Basically IW introduced me to Black Isle games.

[ 09-08-2004, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 09-09-2004, 05:51 AM   #44
Bristowe
Elminster

I bought BG1 when it first came out but only found this site when BG2 came out (in 2000 i think) while looking for help, oh man those were the days, BG2 absolutely ruined my VCE (Final year of high school).
I'm lucky I pulled through and got into the university i wanted haha
Migrated to other forums afterwards but only visited occaisionally the last year or two...been so caught up never had time unfortunately.
But i'm so glad this forum is still going strong, it's unequivocally the best online forum on the web, and that's mainly due to the mods who are so heavily involved [img]smile.gif[/img] Amazing.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:20 AM   #45
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

I recall nothing much has really changed, f.e. I've now been away for a year and the looks & most of the members are all familiar to me. I originally came just to discuss of BG and to share experiences with others. After completing #2 I haven't visited here überlot.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:43 AM   #46
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

i remember when memnoch was the very first guy who started to use a picture signiture with his classic genie symbol .

then everyone started to make thier own as well.

Catch me if you can..
Old 09-09-2004, 08:55 AM   #47
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
I remember joining in November 2000 I think it was...a week after Armisael joined. He was an OZ too. Yorick was the third OZ who joined a few weeks later I think. Larry and Rikard and Ertai, were already here and had formed the OHF I think. That was still on the old blue board. Some of the other earlier names were Black Knight, Asphyxiate, Clouds, Bahamut (what was your name before that??) and Harks, then known as Zoratorak and Jerome of course. I'm sure I'm forgetting many more, but this was about three and a half years ago now.

Oh, and I remember when Madchen Melusine and Wah the Archmage crashed the blue board because they were spamming too much - we didn't have any mods back then...
i remember that one as well . and you are not allowed to have more than one hundred post in one thread. and crashing the old blue board. I havent seen tons of old people like armisel, jerome and archimage wah (love this guy ).

i even remember when cloudy first came like a newbie .

Catch me if you can..
Old 09-12-2004, 02:41 PM   #48
Sigmar
Unicorn

May 2001

A confusing time personally as this was the second forum I had ever been a member of at that time (the first was the BGdungeon which closed shortly after I became a member...just a coincidence ).

It was crazy, fun and friendly at the same time. I was fortunate enough to become a member of HADB when it was formed, Azurewolf and Caleb's mad-hatter style humour, the interesting discussions going on, and the friendly advice convinced me that this place was something special.

My first impression of this place...ever seen "Cheers"? An american sitcom, very funny. Felt like a friendly tavern!
Old 09-12-2004, 02:50 PM   #49
philip
Galvatron

I came for BGII help and I think I searched somehow till I couldn't find something and joined to ask. I was around the BGIISoA board most and I think I dropped in GD only once in a while till I stopped playing BGII and the NWN forums weren't that busy. And now this is the forum I look most often, also in the movies books and stuff, CE and sometimes misc. games
Old 09-12-2004, 03:18 PM   #50
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
I remember when the world was a wonderful blue.
I knew it. I was scanning through and I knew that somewhere some oldie would come on about how 'In their day' it was blue [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I joined IW shortly after the 'Browning' of the site. Although not straight after, i've still been on here long enough for my liking

All i remember is the fact I used to live on here. And now i'm just a lurker who knows the occasional person, though not many...