Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 09-03-2000, 12:47 AM   #1
Exodus

Alrighty then, thanks. Now where is the Frost Giant King?
Old 09-03-2000, 04:20 AM   #2
Exodus

I'm missing one badge from somewhere. Who has all the badges? And, where does Nym go after he casts Dimension Door after you catch on to him? Does killing Nym have any relevance to the game? Finally, where can I find some fresh water for the Severed Hand?
Old 09-03-2000, 08:56 AM   #3
Larry

1) Orog Lieutenant 2) Frost giant king 3) Maiden Ilmadia 4) Marketh 5) Malavon 6) Bro. Perdiem

As to Nym, I decided to let him live for the purpose of trading with him. By running back and forth with him and Dirty Llew, you can turn those rhino beetle shells into good armor for your Druid,if you have one, or bargain Nym out of his Dagger(Nym's Dagger +2) Killing him would only prevent you from having those things, but you're right, he is a dirty scoundrel.

As to the water, it is in Kontik's lair in Wyrm's Tooth Glacier.(Remember the big skeleton ? It is in one of the little huts on the side, where the Priest of the Frostmaiden attacked)
Old 09-03-2000, 02:10 PM   #4
sibley

To find the frost giants:

Go back to the main Wyrm's Tooth map. In the southwest there's a broken bridge you must cross. To repair it, you need an engineering book from the area where the slaves were. You missed a good bonus (plus a blatant hint that you should repair and cross the bridge) not getting it from the NPC who holds it, but he will have dropped it when he left.
Old 09-03-2000, 02:14 PM   #5
Exodus

That was my next question. What about the bridge? When I was told to go too Wyrm's Tooth, I knew I had been everywhere except over the bridge. I have seen no slave that held any kind of engineering book or that gave me any blatant hints. Where would he be at?
Old 09-03-2000, 02:25 PM   #6
sibley

About Nym:

Nym is a merchant, so he's useful.

The only relevance he has to the story is that he claims to have caused the rift between the elves and dwarfs. You can believe an evil, lying drow if you want to. But there's no evidence he's telling the truth about this.

In particular, there's no quest related to finding out who or what caused the falling out, and especially no reward for killing Nym.
Old 09-03-2000, 02:28 PM   #7
sibley

Presuming that you freed the slaves, he's gone with them. But he will have left the book behind. It's way over on the left of the room where the slaves were.
Old 09-03-2000, 07:10 PM   #8
Exodus

Thanks for your help. I'm about to go into the final fight scene, is there anything I should know?
Old 09-04-2000, 03:13 PM   #9
bigA

Yup - don't run with swords. You could fall and hurt yourself.

Good luck.
Old 09-04-2000, 10:26 PM   #10
Larry

BigA, I like the advice. !! I must remember that one ...