Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2001, 10:55 PM   #1
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

I was playing a high powered campaing, a mix of Planescape and Forgotten realms I was an Irenyes (Baateuze, devil if you prefer). in the party there was a Siver dragon , Half-angel, Barbarian king, Elven ice priestes and Orge mage. We where in sigil buying stuff and the bararian king was insulted by a merchant that kept calling him a clueless Primer. So my buddy's cousin who was playing the Baracrian screames --Do you want to see the devil?-- Dm points at me and say --I already met the devil! LEAVE YA DUMB PRIME!--

Man did we ever laugh.

The other I was playing a Dwarven Cleric but I got a bad roll on my charisma (6)
so I am walking in waterdeep where the player where suposed to meet for the first time and one of the players shout --What happened your holyness fell once to many your holy symble or were you just beaten ugly with it?--
Old 03-14-2001, 11:19 PM   #2
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

My Thief and My Paladin got seperated from the rest of the pack (Magically) and we were being attacked by evil Minotaurs left and right. We hear a noise up ahead, so my Thief hids in shadows and I do a spell of protection from evil. Well, out pops this mighty Prince Demon. We win initiative, the Paly has a +4 Sword with two attacks, the Thief Does Backstab with his 1d8+5 dagger of poison. The Paly rolls a nat 20. DM rolls damage . . . x4! I roll a 1d10 . . . 10. So 14x4 gets us 56 points of damage. On my backswing . . . 20 again! DM rolls damage . . . x3 . . I roll another 10, so 14x3 gets us 42 points in damage. Thief backstabs, guess what? Nat 20. DM asks to see the die, rolls it four times and doesn't get a 20. He rolls damage, x4 and x4 for backstab, thief rolls an 8, and it is all over for that little Prince. Never even got off a Psyonic attack. Not a bad way to get your Holy Sword, is it!!

BK
Old 03-14-2001, 11:30 PM   #3
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

That reminds me of a Darksun game, Me and an other guy where both Psychonist, I was a pure psy (half/elf), he was a Psy/Defiler elf. But our cars where evil cause the team was evil and our caracters where introdused in the story. So my caracter was Zargana his Totn'ag. We had been both been found guilty of murder but I was able to use my Psy teleport to escape. But we had no water, no cover , no food. The party found us still chained togetter almost dead, so the leader (an other player playing a Chaotic Evil car) ask us why the hell should we live. I stand and say I amone of the greatest Psychonic on Atlas, the elf say I am a better than him. The leader sais prove it, I try my teleport again I rolled the failure Psychic backlash so am stuned for 5 rounds. The elf Totn'ag trie enervation to break the chains he rolls a failure psychic backlash he blew you of his wrist off. man we desided to kill the cars and make new ones
Old 03-15-2001, 07:07 AM   #4
Drake
Baaz Draconian

I was the playin with some feinds, Oh I mean freinds. LOL anyway I was the DM and I had come up with this big story about these two people saving the world from this evil wizard, Flecher Green. Well we had just started playing when the two adventurers met this wizard for the first time. He was a realy powerful wizard burning there town, I was giving them reson to hate him. Well the two people I was playing with decides "even though we are just lvl one we can take him." so the run up to him and just attack. some how they rolled to attack before Flecher and somehow they both roll 20. I know they didn't cheat because I saw them roll. They ended up killing him with one blow each. Flecher was supposed to be this great enemy they would chase for a long time (LVL 9 wizard) so I had to come up with a new story for them. I WAS MAD.

------------------

Drake A.K.A. bocaj
Old 03-15-2001, 11:33 AM   #5
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

As a player my greatest battle was when I was playing a Barbarian (Unearthed Arcana version). He was 6th level and our party was ambushed by Cyclops. We took something of a beating (I was down to 25 or so hp's) but were winning when the last cyclop fled. Wanting the kill I chased. I had the running and endurance proficiencies. The rest were forced to stop but I chased the cyclops all the way to his lair, where there were two more cyclops (uninjured). After a mighty battle I was victorious. Had 1 hit point left. The dm was rolling his dice right in front of me too so he wasnt "giving me a break". He upped me a level for that. That was a great fight
Old 03-15-2001, 12:53 PM   #6
Tobbin
Red Dragon

My most memorable moment was when I was playing a Ranger (naturally, LOL) and we were invading an Ogre horde. All of the rest of the team were captured, but I was able to use my stealth skill and sneak back into the woodlands. I would scout from the treetops for potential victims and would ambush them one by one. Eventually, I was able to make a makeshift disguise and infiltrated the camp until I was able to find the rest of the team. Luckily, there was a guard shift when I came by and I was able to sneak in the tent and free "ONE AND ONLY ONE OTHER PLAYER" as my DM stated. We had 7 people in the party. I thought that the stealth skill was a good asset, so I picked Meghor, the crafty halfling thief. We both sneaked out of camp and began our plans. I would create a diversion and he would pick off the guards surrounding the tents that our comrades were in. So, I boldy walk into the camp, right up to the OGRE chieftain and demand he free my comrades. He starts laughing and then so do the rest of the Ogres. During this, the thief is back by the tent, backstabbing the Ogres and slitting their throats. He rolled a couple of good times, but 1 of the 3 guards did not die and tried to call out an alarm. Before the Ogres could respond, I attacked the Ogre chieftain and most of the Ogres circled around us. By then, Meghor the quick (true to his name), was inside the tent and freeing the others. Once I heard the familiar arcane commands to summon forth a fireball, I ducked between the legs of the chieftain and was able to dodge my way through the pack. Just in time it seems as the fireball exploded around the Chieftain. I'll have to say that Balen was able to take out about 4 of them with just that alone, but that was when Meghor was laughing with glee and yelling out, "Balen, guess what I found." as he threw the mage his wand of lightning. Our clerics began blessing the party and healing them as needed. The fight lasted for nearly 2 hours game time, but in the end we prevailed. Although I have had some bigger badder fights since then, it was the only REAL time that we had a party that worked together as a REAL team. Well, that and I was the hero of the day.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-15-2001, 12:54 PM   #7
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

A loooooong time ago, When I took my 25th LVL magic user (AD&D 1st edition), Arguss, the Incredibly, Ineffibly, Infallibly, Unspeakably, Undeniably Evil and made a successful role, to transform him into a lich, using the formula that had just come out in Dragon magazine at the time. Hehehe, I gotta hand it to my DM, he had class and style. I believe he said "*POOF* You're a lich."
Talk about anticlimactic!!!!

------------------
-Resident Corset Loosener of the OHF