Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-02-2000, 07:03 PM   #1
UberMike

A few questions about W&W favorite powerups:
1) I've seen two anks so far, both in chests. Are the type of ankhs (which stat they increase) determined randomly when you open the chest, or will the same ankh always be found in the same place?
2) Do you get any super effects from having a 19+ in an ability score?
3) How high can you raise an ability score?
4) Which abilities would you max out for a melee character?

That's all I can think to ask. Feel free to give any other useful tidbits. Thanks!

- UberMike

Old 11-02-2000, 07:37 PM   #2
RPGVET

I'm not so far into the game to know all that precisely, but here' my 2 cents:
The Ankhs will be generated randomly - so it might be the same Ankh next time or another one. I don't know about
super effects, but since W&W is by D. W. Bradley, i suppose it's similar to wiz7. There, you could raise a stat to
20 - but it did not apply to all of them. Raising strength- you could carry more, but couldn't tell a difference in
fights. (That's important for you, i suppose). Practically all RPG's i played favored speed (agility here) as the
winning factor in combat. If you have the first hit and/or more attacks per round you're bound to win. Much like
your "chance to hit" will help more than brute strength. Good luck.

-RPGVET

Old 11-02-2000, 07:55 PM   #3
Altean

Chest are generated randomly, I try to picked one chest and got hit with bad spell, so I loaded older save and come back and chest had different spell on it.

Old 11-02-2000, 07:59 PM   #4
Altean

You can raise ability skills up to 24. For sure, my warlocks got 6 skill credits every lvl, so I guess, that you can get one credit for 4 points in skill, but after 18 you get one for every 2-3. Seems like damage made by warriors is based on strength + weapon, so i recommend buff strength too.