Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 06-15-2004, 03:15 AM   #1
Robalex
Dungeon Master

I have blessed weapons for Hit AND Damage. Should I concentrate on hit or should I rebless new weapons for Damage & put minimum blessing into Hit? Right now my top weapon is a Katana +1 with Blessings to 99% toughness & the rest distibuted about evenly on Hit & damage. I found with my Witch stick I could get away with about 60% toughness without having to repair it at all. Is this the case with the Katanas & swords too??
Robalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 04:05 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

I recommend reloading [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Reasons:

1. The katana is not worth of blessing. Waste of money. You will find much better weapons later that can be blessed. I consider blessing the Witch's Stick a better idea than blessing the katana - because of the Sleep bonus attack.
2. I consider blessing for damage much more worth than blessing for hit. In fact, I am blessing my weapons only for damage and, sometimes, for toughness. I've never used the "to hit" blessing.
3. Blessings for toughness. Worth and sometimes necessary if the weapon has low toughness. Note that there are weapons in the game, which have no toughness at all (rapiers, Witch's Stick and some others). These weapons will try to disintegrate every time you look at them. They need toughness blessing at any rate. For rough orientation, I suggest the following table.

no toughness stat - unbearable. Who is supposed to fix the weapon after any combat and even during the combats.
20% - unsatisfactory. You will need to fix this weapon frequently.
40% - better but not enough. You will need to fix this weapon often but it's no tragedy.
60% - more than enough. You will fix this weapon only sometimes, fixing a weapon will not be your main occupation.
80% - luxury. You can forget the Forge skill. Unnecessary.

Notes:
1. Assassin's Dagger. It has no toughness stat but it seems to be unbreakable. I've never seen any "damaged" stat on it, even after the toughest battles. Do not waste blessing slots on it by blessing it for toughness.
2. Armor, rings, etc. They have the toughness stat but they never deteriorate. Do not bless these items for toughness. Only weapons deteriorate and need a good toughness.

Recommendation: Bless the Witch's Stick. Three times for toughness (toughness 60%) and eight times for damage (damage 10 - 20). You will get a weapon good enough for Valeia and Ishad N'ha. The weapon has the Sleep bonus attack and it can be equipped by any role. Right, you will need a better weapon in Brimloch Roon. Don't worry, you will find much better weapons than the stick once you reach Brimloch Roon [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2004, 08:01 AM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Wow, Radek, I never cease to be amazed by your knowledge in this area.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:26 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I am always amazed by Radek's analysis and knowledge. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Personally, I bless for damage almost exclusively. My reasoning? By the end of the game, you can almost always hit everything, so what's the point of incvreasing your chances?

Nice perspective on the witches' stick, though. Incapacitating a foe for a bit is invaluable, especially in the early game.

Hmmm... perhaps we ought to add another thread... Radek's Compendium of Technical Mastery...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 03:33 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Sounds like a neat idea, Bungleau!! Radek has certainly analyzed this game thoroughly!!!

Confession of the week: I never enchanted or blessed a single item in all the games I played.
Wyvern is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 09:29 PM   #6
Robalex
Dungeon Master

thx for the help. I knew the Katanas were not worth it but for some of my team without the pole staff skill it's the best I can do at the present in Ishnad N'ha. I will however equip all others with the Witch's Stick (Wonder Stick) with toughness & damage as suggested by Radak. As for money (even without the Fletchery ability)selling arrows & rebuying them eventually gives me enough money & I am very very patient at doing this & building up enough to bless. At present point I have used this method to max out my Oomphaz Warlock (now a Barbarian) through 4 or 5 role changes (he has all spells & most skills except for some odd weapons skill up to 12 already. He was first a Wizard then in this order: a Ranger , Paladin, Warlock, Bard & now Barbarian. I will eventually convert him either to a Monk or Ninja or both one after the other just 4 the bonus traits. And yes .. I think I will get on with the rest of the game now.
Robalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 03:46 AM   #7
Radek
Red Dragon

You don't need the weapon skill. Even without the skill, you will fight well. Do not learn the pole staff skill, it's no use. There aren't any good poles in the game.
Simply equip the stick and punch the nearest nasty, that's all
Old 06-17-2004, 10:55 PM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I always thought the staff of death was pretty neat... but aside from it and the witches' sticks, I agree -- there are no decent staves. I usually wait on the staff skill until the end of the game, when I have to find a place to spend those extra skill points.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote