Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 06-04-2001, 03:55 PM   #1
Bear
Dungeon Master

I just realized something. It's possible to do the 3rd Brimloch
Roon Wizard quest without tree-surfing!

If you use the Vanish spell (great spell if you want to shorcut some part of the
game!) it is possible to get to the Lost Sea without going through the Shrine.

Get past the hydra, kill some Bark Horrors and get the seeds, go back to Sebastio (shut up, already!), then pick up the "open the shrine" quest.

A side note, small trivia quiz: A party with previous experience (and the
Vanish spell) could win the game quite quickly and easily by completing only
three dungeons (including Cet's Pyramid). What are the other two dungeons?

------------------
Bear

"No matter where you go, there you are. " - B. Banzai
Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 04:06 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Skull Castle and Collasium.

-Sazerac

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 06-04-2001).]
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 05:22 PM   #3
Traute
The Magister

But only, if Wyvern would do her magic for them. You'd need the Evil Masque and the Shroud anyway, don't you?

Traute
Traute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 05:41 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Nope...because, technically, you don't need the Mavin to kill Cet! You can do it with G'Ezzered Ra's Staff: hence, "Skull Castle" to get the Staff of Death, and "Collasium" to get the tablets to enter the Pyramid.

-Sazerac
Old 06-04-2001, 05:42 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Of course, realize that I would never play the game that way, and I personally believe anyone who would is a "munchkin", but that's just my opinion.

-Sazerac
Old 06-04-2001, 06:05 PM   #6
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hmm, Hi Saz, your answer was the same one I would have given, but are we then saying that it is not necessary to activate the portal of Isis? Does this set any trigger in the Pyramid? I suppose you could vanish across to the Leprechaun area and swim down to Kerah's temple - OK, that takes that one out. I wonder if vanish lets you climb the path from Torrin's spot to Brimloch - I expect it would.

Cheers Davros
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 06:08 PM   #7
Traute
The Magister

Of course !!!!! I've forgotten all about the old staff skill. Never gave it to anybody after my first game, because swords/daggers (I had a party with three Wizard's Daggers!!!!) are so much better!

I wouldn't dream of playing that way either, I always look for options to make the game longer, not to shorten it.

I found out just today, that Erzebette seems to have met Kol, as he was rushing through the woods. There's always something new in this game.

Traute
Traute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 06:24 PM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Hmm, Hi Saz, your answer was the same one I would have given, but are we then saying that it is not necessary to activate the portal of Isis? Does this set any trigger in the Pyramid? I suppose you could vanish across to the Leprechaun area and swim down to Kerah's temple - OK, that takes that one out. I wonder if vanish lets you climb the path from Torrin's spot to Brimloch - I expect it would.

Cheers Davros
I also wonder what would happen if you fail to resurrect Anephas. Would the endgame sequence still kick in?

Just to be on the safe side, if I were playing the game that way, I'd do Anephas' Shrine as well.

-Sazerac