Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-04-2004, 08:04 PM   #1
BrianC
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm at level 16 or so on all my characters. I used a cheat to get my Samurai up to level 32 just to see if it would allow me to ascend to a new class like Assassin or Zen Master, ect. But it wouldn't! What is required for role ascension into these new classes?? Answer quick if you can...I'm playin' the game right now and very close to beating it. I'm gonna' hold off playing for a little while longer.

- Brian C.

P.S. - One other thing...if you take sea shells to the guy in town to have masks made out of them, but he says you don't have enough shells for his money...what does that mean? I have TONS of money and plenty of shells. Why won't he take the rest and make masks out of them??
Old 01-04-2004, 11:25 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

The three special roles (assassin, zenmaster, and valkyrie) are by invitation only. The assassin is the only one you can do in the early (okay, the middle) part of the game -- Scanthril gives you a task to complete, and in return, gives you an item which allows you to become an assassin.

For the zenmaster, you have been finding tomes of creation along the way. Once you have the full set, you can become a zenmaster. You won't find the last tome, though, until you get to the last dungeon and the game is almost over.

For the valkyrie, there's an act you can perform in the last dungeon which will gain you an invitation to become a valkyrie. The person who does this act, however, has to be a female ('cause there are no male valkyries... a clear case of sexism if I ever heard one [img]smile.gif[/img] ).

These last two take place very late in the game, and render those two roles close to useless... for this game. However, you can reset adventures and play with those characters again, and start over from scratch.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 09:13 AM   #3
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
The person who does this act, however, has to be a female ('cause there are no male valkyries... a clear case of sexism if I ever heard one [img]smile.gif[/img] ).
I have often said the same thing , but I finally realized that W&W is just trying to add a bit of mythology. The Norse Valkyries were all maidens...
Old 01-05-2004, 09:15 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I was just joking, honestly [img]smile.gif[/img]

I realize that valkyries historically have been female. In today's politically correct world (at least here in the States), some overbearing parent would be suing the Temple guild because their Johnny should have just as much chance to become a Valkyrie as the next Sally, Linda, or Tina.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 09:24 AM   #5
BrianC
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks so much. I think the game is ridiculously laid out if your max role ascension can only happen at the very end! That's very discouraging. Oh well...

- Brian C.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:24 AM   #6
So So
Zhentarim Guard

LOL...Mommy I want to sue the Temple...LOL

But yes I have to agree these max role ascesions do get annoying to get...but they add to the gaming experience don't you think?

[ 01-05-2004, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: So So ]
Old 01-05-2004, 09:34 AM   #7
BrianC
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It's not that it doesn't ADD to the experience...it's that you should be able to get them before the end of the game, that's all. So you have a chance to actually use them, ya' know? That's all...

Hey, do you have to go back to town in order to get your role ascension, or can you do it while on a quest? I would rather not go back to town in the middle of the last dongeon if I don't have to.

- Brian C.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:38 AM   #8
So So
Zhentarim Guard

I have to agree...It would be nice to use them near the middle of the game...

and oh yea...you have to go back to town the the specific shop/guild to get the role ascesion...

Valkyrie--> Temple
Assassin--> Thief
Zenmaster--> Dojo(I think that's where it's supposed to go...someone correct me if i'm wrong...)

I think I posted this answer to your other duplicate post...
Old 01-05-2004, 09:53 AM   #9
Radek
Red Dragon

1. Valkyries are females from the old German sagas. They were fearsome female-warriors, which were accomanying the spirits of the dead to the world behind. Therefore, it's okay that a Valkyrie must be a female. Turning Johnny into a Valkyrie is nonsense. Well, if it is possible to win a cause of roasting a dog in a microwave oven then it is possible to win a cause of making John a Valkyrie... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

2. Right, if you want a Zenmaster then go to Bushi Dojo after collecting the necessary tomes.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:41 AM   #10
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by BrianC:
Thanks so much. I think the game is ridiculously laid out if your max role ascension can only happen at the very end! That's very discouraging. Oh well...

- Brian C.
W&W was "rushed" to market, it was never completed as originally designed because they were running out of development funds. It is possible that in the original design the classes of Zenmaster and Valkyrie may have come earlier in the game. At least they are still there and, since it is so easy to replay the game with the same characters, you can make use of them. Considering that they did have to shorten their plans to get this game on the market, they did a great job!

Wyv
Wyvern is online now   Reply With Quote