Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 03-10-2005, 08:36 PM   #1
fiffa46
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was just wondering if anyone on this forum played Legands of Might and Magic. Its free to play online and you can probably get a copy for like $1.99 now-a-days. I know its way off topic. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
fiffa46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 09:00 PM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

This game is still hosted? I thought with 3do went kaput this game is no more?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 09:44 PM   #3
NickCowan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

3DO went kaput? This is news to me... sad news, but news, nonetheless... we need MORE companies churning out stuff so we have competition for things other than graphics, not less... enter Big Brother... *sigh*
I like pizza, I like bagels,<br />I like hot dogs with mustard and beer<br />I\'ll eat eggplant,<br />I could even eat a baby deer<br />La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la!<br />Who\'s that baby deer on the lawn there?
NickCowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 10:06 PM   #4
fiffa46
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oh well about 3 months after the game was released 3DO pulled all LoMM servers. That was 3 years ago. So 3DO going out of buisness had no effect on us as we kept the comunity going on our own for so long anyway LOL.
Plus UbiSoft bought the rights to all Might and Magic related games includeing Heros, Legends, Crusaders, Warriors, and the actual Might and Magic games. But then again, EA is trying a hostal take over of Ubisoft so who know whats going on.
Yeah, all the server are from people who play the game so its still around. And some new blood would be good.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:06 AM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I never played LoMM, but I'm a long-time MM fan. Ironworks has another gaming board (Miscellaneous Computer Games - click on the "Hop To" boards list on the bottom of the screen and type the letter "M" twice) where you can discuss LoMM, MM, and the hopeful return of the various MM worlds. Perhaps JVC can buy the rights back or something...

In any case, you'll get a lot more feedback over there. Although, since the game's been out for a long time, there may not be a whole lot of it...

Although they might be interested in hearing about LoMM servers that are still available... you might pick up a few more players over there.

BTW, 3DO went out of business around the middle of last year, IIRC. Makes all those trips to the NWC dungeons in the latter MM games more enjoyable, just for the privilege of slaying Trip Hawkins over and over... :evilgrin:

Note that I don't blame him personally, and have never met him. He was just the captain when the ship went down.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 07:31 AM   #6
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

Heroes of Might and Magic, ahh now thats a good un' and may i add that 3do falling through the roof IS a REALLY bad thing. I really liked there games but if wat u say is true and that they fell through only half way through last year then at least there games will still be around and tehy should be lower priced too.
[img]\"http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5936/sbadfurday00037fg.png\" alt=\" - \" /><br />BRING ME SOME SWEETCORN!<br /><br />What do the Enterprise and toilet paper have in common? They both circle Uranus in search of klingons
Pop 'n Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 07:55 PM   #7
fiffa46
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, Ubisoft re-released alot of the newer MM and HOMM games. As well as the fact that they are makeing Heros of Might and Magic 5. They claim they will be makeing a Might and Magic 10 but no news outside of the fact that they said they will has been released.