Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2001, 02:52 PM   #1
Absynthe

This is what I received as far as info on the dinner... what would you like me to do? I would be happy to deliver a message or resume' or whatever you'd like. It seems the dinner is to be focused around the Lineage game, which I haven't played yet. Any thoughts?

Greetings!
If you’re receiving this, I have your email address as someone who may join us for dinner in Las Vegas next week. I still have emails coming in from Lineage players who would like to attend, so haven’t made specific dinner reservations. As I know some of you are coming from out of town, I’d like to go ahead and plan this:

The NC Austin group (Richard Garriott, myself, our PR director, Lineage director, and Lineage QA lead) will all be in the main lobby of the MGM Grand at 8:00 PM on Monday October 29th. We’ll all be wearing black Lineage t-shirts, so we should be easy to pick out in a crowd. Meet us there and then we’ll head out to dinner. Expect somewhere mid-priced. I’ll keep it between the $10-25 range for dinner – probably easy to do in Vegas. Casual dress – because we gamers live in jeans.

If you have any questions send me an email before Monday, October 29th, or if any last minute changes come up, you can leave me a message at the front desk of the MGM Grand that day.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Susan “Leilo” Kath

Manager, Community Services

------------------

Perversion is the true spice of life: Variety is just part of a healthy diet.

Old 10-23-2001, 03:30 PM   #2
Moiraine
Anubis

Absynthe ! My shiny Knight !

First, I hope you'll enjoy that dinner ! Oh, and allow me at least to reimburse its price. Mail me your snail mail address !

Really, I have no prepared plan for you - besides you know that war plans never last longer than the first encounter ...

If you could first talk with Richard Garriott, if a little, and tell me if he is just plain crazy or the greatest game leader that I think he is, it would be great !

And, if you could ask if the idea of hiring a French woman is to them pure nonsense or if I may stand a chance, either now or later, I am in no hurry, that would be wonderful ! Could you ask what kind of jobs are available ?

Anything else you may think of would be greatly appreciated as well ! You see, I'm tracking anything that may put my dream a bit closer, I don't exactly know yet what that can be.

And you are an absolute angel ! I can't believe you will do that for me !

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 10-23-2001, 03:33 PM   #3
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Three cheers for Absynthe! For being such an all-round nice guy!
Old 10-23-2001, 03:35 PM   #4
Moiraine
Anubis

Technically, is it allowed to kiss an angel ? Whaddayathink, Neb ?

And, Absynthe, name your prize, whatever you want I send you is yours.

------------------

The world is my oyster !

[This message has been edited by Moiraine (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 03:39 PM   #5
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:

Well, they're supposed to be embodiments of good right? And love is good, right? So I would say, yes, go ahead, and if it isn't, then I'm certain that it's allowed to kiss a saint. *points discreetly towards sig*

------------------
Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.
Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy
General of the highest class and Leader of in the IW Peacekeeping Force.
ORT member, Official Demander of Stuff.
Sorcerer of Lady Lioness's Court.

Resident IW saint.
The sorcerer/assasin who says: Ecky-Ecky-Ecky-Ptang-Zoom-Boing.
Guardian of a Secret that noone else knows of.
A not quite as hopeless romantic as Dragonmage.

"If Silence is golden, why does everyone talk so much?"
Old 10-23-2001, 03:39 PM   #6
Legolas the Elven Archer

That's what angels are for

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 10-23-2001, 03:39 PM   #7
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Well now, Neb's a saint, not an angel. I think it's accepted to kiss an angel, and if Absynthe ever finds himself out my way before he makes it to France, I'll plant one on him for you!

Come here Absynthe --
Old 10-23-2001, 03:57 PM   #8
Absynthe

Not tha I want to spoil things, what with two women wanting to kiss me, but what kind of angel gets a 216 score on the corruption test? Just want to let you know what you may be in for...

------------------

Perversion is the true spice of life: Variety is just part of a healthy diet.

Old 10-23-2001, 04:00 PM   #9
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
Not tha I want to spoil things, what with two women wanting to kiss me, but what kind of angel gets a 216 score on the corruption test? Just want to let you know what you may be in for...
K then, you're a dark angel !

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 10-23-2001, 04:03 PM   #10
Absynthe

Quote:
Absynthe ! My shiny Knight !

First, I hope you'll enjoy that dinner ! Oh, and allow me at least to reimburse its price. Mail me your snail mail address !

Really, I have no prepared plan for you - besides you know that war plans never last longer than the first encounter ...

If you could first talk with Richard Garriott, if a little, and tell me if he is just plain crazy or the greatest game leader that I think he is, it would be great !

And, if you could ask if the idea of hiring a French woman is to them pure nonsense or if I may stand a chance, either now or later, I am in no hurry, that would be wonderful ! Could you ask what kind of jobs are available ?

Anything else you may think of would be greatly appreciated as well ! You see, I'm tracking anything that may put my dream a bit closer, I don't exactly know yet what that can be.

And you are an absolute angel ! I can't believe you will do that for me !

I will endeavor to get as much info as I can from him, especially about his new company and what he's got planned there. I won't ask anything of you until I can give you some results, for as you pointed out plans are only good until they're implemented. I don't foresee any problems with hooking up with M. Garriott, as I'd like to meet him myself. I've played all the games he's been a part of and enjoyed every one of them, but whether he's going to be forthcoming about his plans is another matter. I will do my best to extract all he knows without leaving any scars... As for my reward, we can discuss that when I return... :evil chuckle:,:lascivious grin: