Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2001, 04:48 AM   #21
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Aegis Crownguard:
I posted my opinion on this board and then was quickly chewed out by all party's involved. Even the "great" Memnoch said i was wrong. Ive never met a board so full of hypocrites. Time and time again i read about how anyone and everyone is welcomed here, yet i post one single message about my opinion on the upcoming expansion and people cant wait to yell at me for it. Thanks alot for being so accepting.
There is a difference between allowing expression of an opinion, and agreeing with it. Just as you are allowed to express your view, so are others allowed to express contrary views. Besides a welcome and an expression are two different things.

Welcome to the board. I like you being here. I don't agree with your post. This is my opinion. Feel free to disagree with it if you must.

See

------------------
"Check the sustain on this one ... aaaaaaaa, I mean you could go out for a bite and there'd still be aaaaaaaaa"

"Can I touch it?"
"No. It can't be played"
"Can I look at it?
"No we've seen enough of that one....."

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 03-30-2001, 11:42 AM   #22
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Aegis Crownguard:
I posted my opinion on this board and then was quickly chewed out by all party's involved. Even the "great" Memnoch said i was wrong. Ive never met a board so full of hypocrites. Time and time again i read about how anyone and everyone is welcomed here, yet i post one single message about my opinion on the upcoming expansion and people cant wait to yell at me for it. Thanks alot for being so accepting.
From what I saw, it was simply a matter of people disagreeing with your stated opinion. Disagreeing with you on a subject for discussion in no way implies disapproval of YOU as a person or you right to post here. Do you ALWAYS agree on everything with the people in your life? Of course not. Doesn't mean they won't speak with you ever again, just that they didn't have the same opinion you did. It would be mighty boring if we all had to use the same flavor toothpaste so we didn't disagree...

The ability to debate and discuss things here is what makes this a great board. The fact that we are all able to freely state opinions that may or may not be agreed with is wonderful. We agree to disagree a lot of the time. And that is the secret ingredient that makes this little set of forums a COMMUNITY.

Heck, if I had a quarter for every time I didn't agree with someone's opinion here, I'd be wealthy enough to retire to a tropical island. Hmmm...ok, anyone want to start paying me when we don't agree? LOL

Oh and WELCOME to the board!

Cloudbringer
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Self-appointed Welcome Wagon for Ironworks

------------------
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Old 03-30-2001, 12:32 PM   #23
Epona
Zartan

Aegis,
I'd posted a similar (although less eloquent) comment earlier on page 2 about level 40 characters - so any 'flaming' must have been aimed at me too, and I am the world's biggest complainer (God, you should have heard me when the board was down for a couple of days). So I'm not sure why you feel any comments were aimed at you personally! I just had a laugh when I read it. I think of all these guys & gals as my mates, so no offence was taken and contrary to popular belief I'm a relative newbie - I've only been posting for a few weeks.

I hope you can come to feel as much a part of this place as I now do. No-one means harm or offence, but you have to accept that we do joke around (using smilies to indicate friendly joking) and disagree with each other. Of course you are welcome here.

At the end of the day BGII is only a game, but this board is so much more.

Tobbin: I can't BELIEVE that you have not seen ads for Black & White! (Oh yeah, that will be because you have a real life!!! ) This is the most anticipated game of the decade, it's been eagerly awaited for nearly 3 years! Only problem is it's such a high spec that hardly anyone will be able to run it.... Never mind, by the time I get upgraded it'll be out on budget!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas.
Old 03-30-2001, 04:24 PM   #24
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Just shoving my oar into this debate - calling people 'hypocrites' is not really the best way to tell us we have hurt your feelings!
I think that if a person gets upset by something on the board, you can always just say something like "Hey, you guys! Stop biting! I only expressed an opinion!" and put a smiley after it. You will get an apology in pretty short order! No-one here wants to deliberately upset/insult anyone else. I've only been here about a monthe, and I have found everyone pretty friendly - even when I got blasted for revealing 'spoil' info without marking it!
Smile! Life is too short for bitching
F.
Old 03-30-2001, 05:43 PM   #25
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Aegis, kick back man. I don't think anyone was attacking you. I just read the thread and I couldn't see anything directed at you, except a few people mentioned that they thought you were wrong. That doesn't mean they don't like you. Then you come back and call everyone hypocrites? That isn't cool.

------------------
Tremble and despair, for I am power! All here are now judged, and are found wanting.
Old 03-30-2001, 06:55 PM   #26
Lord Shield

I have to agree. Having been in this site for a little while, evveryone takes the mick sometimes. Hell, if I couldn't take it, I wouldn't dish it at work (hee!)