Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2001, 07:32 PM   #11
Lord Shield

Tactical spoiler
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Isn't a magister some sort of judge or adjudicator? Anyhow, the Beholder is easily beaten i fyou wear the Cloaf of Mirrors. Shandalor you have to hit fast and dispel his illusions as soon as they're cast. Kill him quick enough and his Imprisonment spell will not be cast in time

Old 03-28-2001, 07:48 PM   #12
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

spoilers, (took me multiples tries)

I had the cloack of mirror on Jan , I had the time stop spell when The first three came I casted time stop just after Imoen casted the warding wip to remouve the protections from the lich, While time stoped Jan casted lower resistance X2 , Magic Missiles and Minsc and my hero where pummeling the lich, Jahera with the necklace of protection from negative energy was holding off the vampire, Jan slightly infront was bouncing of most hit from the beholder, The Human fighter I let him hit minsc, while Imoen Was helping Jahera taking care of the Vampire. Eventualy I killed the lich, then the beholder killed itself after I killed The vampire , Then that Human warrior, After I threw two death Fogs in the room and weakened the tow last apponent before killing them. I was A Thought Battle.

Tactic two (slightly cheat, It's hard to do but makes an easy kill)

Cast wand of Cloud kill 2 or 3 times (No magic resist) take a hasted strong caracter to the table, One the lights beging flashing run to the entrance, Wait until about there is 50 points of damage made to the Lich, Run back in it will talk to you, then run to the entrance, Use the ring of the ram to puch him back in the cloud, he dies then you can take on the rest one by one with only a slight effort, (Less effort if you lay traps.)
Old 03-29-2001, 03:51 AM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by white heron:

BTW, What is a Magister?

A Magister is a very, VERY powerful wizard who is Chosen by Azuth, Lord of Spells.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-29-2001, 08:21 AM   #14
Sorcerer Dave
Drow Warrior

I did this quest just yesterday. Here is how I did it.

1. I put all of my NPC's right next to the door and armed them with missle weapons.

2. I sent out my PC wih boots of speed untill I saw the fire travel along the floor. He then ran back into the little room untill the centre of the table was just out of view.

3a). I then cast "Death Fog" as close as I could to the table. This brought the Lich's HP stats to badly indured.

b) (May not work).Cast a second "Death Fog" and let it do 8x4 HP damage, however this may cause moral failure and he wont talk to you.

4a) If you didn't cast the second death fog cast one in the room you are in but try to cast it far enough away not to affect your team but not to case the enemys that spawn to attack. Then walk into the room and talk to the Lich.

b) If you cast the second "Death Fog". Walk into the room and talk to the Lich.

5. The Lich will teleport into the small room. Get all your team team to attack the Lich he should die almost instantly.

6. Send a Fighter equpied with the "Sheild of Balduron" into the room. The Beholder and the Warrior guy will attack. Get the fighter to walk back into the room. The Beholder wont be able to hurt your fighter. Get every one else to attack the Warrior. The warrior should die from the barrage of missle weapons and the Beholder will kill its self.

7. Quick Save.

8.(I dont know what was with this Vamp but it had real high HP and I couldn't hit it with any weapons). Cast "Chaotic Command" and "Resist Fear" on the Fighter and send him to the lower part of te room. The Vampire should now attack. Bring you fighter back into the room. If your fighter has the "DayStar" sword like my one did wait for the Vampire get close and personal and cast "Sun Ray" and another char if possible to cast "False Dawn". This should bring the Vamps health to badly indured. Then cast 2 "Magic Missles" on it and 1 "Chain Lightning". I believe this should kill it.

9. I then sent out my PC Sorcerer with boots of speed. I cast "Ice Storm" to the Norh end of the room. This caused the Female Mage to attack. I ran back into the room and she cast time stop. However as she could see no other people she did not cast any spells. She then cast gate summoning a pit fiend. They brought each other to near death. However the Female Mage stoped attacking the Pit Fiend and attacked me. I cast 1 cone of cold and then a chromatic orb. I believe this killed her.

10. The Pit Fiend then attacked. I cast 1 "Magic Missle" on the Pit Fiend. This killed it.

This resulted in a nice cash reward, the Staff of Magi (a very good weapon), a Beholder Eye (needed to escape) and a very nice lot of experiance.

OK this requres a lot of luck and a team with all the equip and spells I mentioned here, but if you have these you should do OK against them.

------------------
A Council Member of the Wizards of the Light
Old 03-29-2001, 12:42 PM   #15
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Avalon:
Is this worth doing? I have tried it several times and can't seem to kill everyone without dying.

Sorry, don't know much about the thread, but wanted to offer you the transparent GIF again, Lady Avalon. Missed you much. Haven't seen you since we switched forums. I sent an e-mail, but am putting it here as well.

http://publish.hometown.aol.com/tobb...ady_avalon.gif

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-29-2001, 12:47 PM   #16
Rikard

My fault i though you meant the Quest wit that Rune of imprisonment i the City Gates
but nobody seems to know what that is

------------------

All Hail the Seventh house Sorcerer
Master Magician of Necromancy
Prince Rikard T'Aranaxz of Natri'x
Clanmaster and Mental Father of the OHF
Ramanish of Neathan'Calith
High Priest and son of the Eternal Phoenix
Shadowlord of the Silver Shield
Baron of Yusliks
Duke of Gerdran
Duke of Tralixz
Lord and General of the Army of the West

AND!!!
Laughing Hyena!!!

Old 03-29-2001, 12:55 PM   #17
Tyrion
Quintesson

What rune are you talking about?
Old 03-31-2001, 05:59 PM   #18
Kerlyssa
Manshoon

What is this quest? Never seen hide nor hair of it, and I've gone through the game 5.5 times...?
Old 03-31-2001, 06:04 PM   #19
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
That's the quest that you need a rogue stone to enter through, and the entrance is in a house at the Bridge District.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-31-2001, 06:13 PM   #20
Ransah
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How did you ppl found out about the Twisted Rune place and the fact that a Rogue Stone is needed to open the doorway? Is it mentioned somewhere in the game?

I only found out about it by reading from bgdungeon's forum sometime ago

------------------

.-::: Ransah 'the dagger'
| "I'm a busy man. I got
| places to rob, monsters to kill!"
'------ - - - - - -