Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 01-04-2004, 06:26 PM   #1
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I'm in the final battle. After powering my partymembers up with all kinds of spells, like "protection from fire", "protection from evil" and a whole bunch of other stuff, i succesfully came through the first battle with all those huge creatures.

But now, in the room with the fountain, i'm face to face with Isair and Madae, and i can't seem to hurt them. All my weapons are +5, and even level 8 and 9 spells from my sorcerer seem to have no effect. What am i missing here ? I think i've been attacking them for at least 15 minutes, and they were still only "barely injured" !!!
Old 01-04-2004, 07:13 PM   #2
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Ok... I played this quite some time ago so I cant remember but there was something you had to do to the fountain to spoil the invulnrability of the twins... only you had to do it before the fight and AFAIR it wouldnt start without you doing it. Do you get the dialogue where they realize the fountain is spoilt?
Old 01-04-2004, 07:48 PM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Yes, that's already been taken care of, but i still can't seem to inflict very much damage. My guess is that after 10 minutes of unleashing everything you got, there should be at least SOME result, but obviously i guessed wrong.
Old 01-04-2004, 08:04 PM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Hmm. I think you may have a problem here. After a short while of fighting, that mage (the one you reach through the star teleporters in a separate tower) is supposed to teleport in and tell you to leave. It shouldn't take 15 minutes for that to happen.

In the meantime, concentrate on one of the twins; don't try for both at once. I prefer Madae myself since she can't put up a fire shield like Isair can. And yes, +5 should work against her.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 08:17 PM   #5
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Well, there was a monk fighting along with me in the throne room, is that the one you're talking about ? He didn't start any dialogue though. After Isair and Madae retreated from the throne room, i tried talking to him, and all he said was to stop waisting time and fight for my life, or something like that. Like i've been picking my nose all the time.
Old 01-04-2004, 11:39 PM   #6
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

What Nightowl2 is talking about is what will happen once you "beat" the twins.

They are hard to beat and use protection spells. They might have "protection from magical weapons" on them. They are also resistant to some types of attacks.
Old 01-05-2004, 01:27 AM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
So if they have all that protection, then how on earth can i defeat them ? I mean, i think i have the best weapons in the game, including someone who's firing +5 arrows from a +4 shortbow, and someone who hurls +5 bullets from a +4 sling. Add to that that i have a sorcerer casting all sorts of spells on them in the background, and one should think that would do the trick.

Apparently not.
Old 01-05-2004, 01:55 AM   #8
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
So if they have all that protection, then how on earth can i defeat them ? I mean, i think i have the best weapons in the game, including someone who's firing +5 arrows from a +4 shortbow, and someone who hurls +5 bullets from a +4 sling. Add to that that i have a sorcerer casting all sorts of spells on them in the background, and one should think that would do the trick.

Apparently not.
Proection from magical weapons make you immune to all magic weapons. Do you have a character that can cast lots of dispell spells?
Old 01-05-2004, 10:37 AM   #9
Nightowl2
Galvatron

What I'm talking about happens in the room with the pool. During this second fight, the mage should teleport in and tell you to leave.

When you followed the twins into the pool room, did Isair comment on your having cleansed the pool? They can't renew their powers when you do that, and this fight should not be as difficult as the first one, though certainly not a stroll in the park.

Yeah, you may want to try some dispel magics if you can; that may help, though I don't recall using any myself.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 12:10 PM   #10
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Yes, they told me how clever i was to pollute their precious little pool, so that can't be it. I don't have any dispell magic, is it too late to go and get some scrolls of those ?