Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 12-02-2002, 02:15 PM   #1
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

ok, the first thing here is in reference to Keldorns Order, a group of Paladins in the RP Forum, if you are interested in RPing a paladin feel free to join over there, Galadria and I are essentially the only members of the Order that still have any connection to it (hi Sir Exxon) anyway I'm working on an entry test like it had when it was first created, if anyone is interested please post there. (btw it's not only paladins but good clerics can join also, just no thieves, bards, or mages) we're on friendly terms with the ALSB and GOTH. If you want to try RPing a paladin or cleric from BG1 or 2 (or IceWind Dale) feel free to swing by the RP forum.

my second question is about my F/T/M I'm now recieving HLA's (I beat the twisted rune solo, I've never been more glad for timestop traps) and picked up the extra lvl6 spell slot HLA I'll actually get the free 7th and 8th lvl slots before i can cast teh spells legitimately... so what should i pick up after these, I'm still in chapter 3 BTW waiting on stronghold quests to finish up before i go fight bodhi.
Old 12-03-2002, 08:31 AM   #2
Vedran
Lord Soth

Dragon's Breath, Summon Planetar and Improved Alacrity are a must have. Energy Blades and Comet are not.
Spike Trap is VERY useful, 20D6 dmg! Kills everything.
(Greater) Deathblow sounds weak, but many enemies are low-level-high-stats. I haven't tried it, but people say it is good.
Power Attack->Critical Strike->Smite is also powerful.

Assassination is powerful, if you don't have mislead, that is.
Certainly don't take Use any item, unless you want to wield Carsomyr or Valygar's armor that badly.
War Cry? If it scares, Horror is a better choice. If it stuns, there is some potential.

Additionally, soloing three-classed character is boring without exp. cap remover, because cap is hit much before Chapter 6 (exit from you-know where). I mean ToB cap.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 10:25 AM   #3
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Vedran:
Dragon's Breath, Summon Planetar and Improved Alacrity are a must have. Energy Blades and Comet are not.
*nods* thanx, I've taken a party through ToB before, and have seen the devastation most of these skills cause I was hoping more for an order to get them as I am currentyl mage lvl 13 fighter 12 and thief 14, so getting 9th lvl spells won't be a possibility for a long time, I'mm looking to fill up with usefull stuff in teh meantime, I'm dual wielding Dak'kon's Zerth blade (I got the improved patch) and FoA/CF/Sunblade in my main hand depending on the situation so whirlwind attack isn't all that useful (an improved haste with the boots of speed will get me much the same result)
I'll look into deathblow and GDB (smite, critical strike and power attack are fun, but not essential for my character)