Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-15-2001, 06:52 PM   #21
sirgwayne

Here! Here! Raistlin!!!!

------------------

Walk lightly my friend.

Old 03-15-2001, 06:55 PM   #22
Epona
Zartan

Everyone knows that Bards are best

I wouldn't feel happy playing a party with no mages OR playing a party with no fighters. I feel that both are necessary.
And if you're talking a one-on-one battle between a mage and a fighter, well I'm sorry but to me that's not what RPGs are about!! (IMHO)

I prefer to consider my strategy and recruit a well balanced party where each character works with the others to create a well-oiled KILLING MACHINE !!!!

BWAHAHAHAHA!!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Old 03-15-2001, 06:55 PM   #23
sirgwayne

Wizards?????? OH Yea! They are all important though as Epona stated it's how
you manage them that determines your outcome regardless of strength!

------------------

Walk lightly my friend.

[This message has been edited by sirgwayne (edited 03-15-2001).]

Old 03-15-2001, 08:52 PM   #24
Raistlin
Manshoon

I agree I go for that whole balanced party thing myself. I'm just tired of
people claiming one class is better than another. I suggest the one on one
for the zealots only. Let the die hards fight each other and the rest of us can watch

------------------

Balance
Old 03-15-2001, 08:54 PM   #25
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

well said raistlin. I actually did it. and the result is, wizard is a failure. (in BGII)
Old 03-16-2001, 03:37 AM   #26
Kellin da Mage
Dungeon Master

You'll have to enlightn me as to how a warrior can cast a spell on a mage, and what spell your talking about, but you just might be on to something here if what you say is true. Sounds like a cheep move though. However I'm assuming that it can be reflected. Your not the only one to pack a cloak of reflection, and spell turning. Potions due run out also.

We never did set a level on our debate, so I'm assuming quite high level. I also have to admit most of my bias comes from the PnP game, not BGII. It does seem that the game is a little scued to warriors. Golems are a big problem, easly fixed in the PnP game by useing tricks to trap golems, but not on BGII. I have to admit that a solo mage would not live very long in this game.

*shrug* I don't even care which class is better, I have all of em in my party and were kicking some but.

I just don't think that 250(why 250 and not like 780 or something?) gives them a fair shake. Proabaly due to his style of play. I'm very defensive playing, were he sounds like the fast acting type. Both work well, just suited to differant temperments. What should really scare everyone is if we both join the same team once. Anyway I'll shut my cake hole now. Its pointless to debate personal perfrence.

Fighter/Mage is my favorite anyway. Best of both worlds

------------------
--Kellin da Mage--
Old 03-16-2001, 09:38 AM   #27
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

"i would have to admit a solo mage would not live very long..."

i beat the game game game with solo mage
Old 03-16-2001, 10:01 AM   #28
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Kellin da Mage:
You'll have to enlightn me as to how a warrior can cast a spell on a mage, and what spell your talking about, but you just might be on to something here if what you say is true. Sounds like a cheep move though. However I'm assuming that it can be reflected. Your not the only one to pack a cloak of reflection, and spell turning. Potions due run out also.

We never did set a level on our debate, so I'm assuming quite high level. I also have to admit most of my bias comes from the PnP game, not BGII. It does seem that the game is a little scued to warriors. Golems are a big problem, easly fixed in the PnP game by useing tricks to trap golems, but not on BGII. I have to admit that a solo mage would not live very long in this game.

*shrug* I don't even care which class is better, I have all of em in my party and were kicking some but.

I just don't think that 250(why 250 and not like 780 or something?) gives them a fair shake. Proabaly due to his style of play. I'm very defensive playing, were he sounds like the fast acting type. Both work well, just suited to differant temperments. What should really scare everyone is if we both join the same team once. Anyway I'll shut my cake hole now. Its pointless to debate personal perfrence.

Fighter/Mage is my favorite anyway. Best of both worlds

first of all, that spell I am casting is not a spell, it is a green scoll called scoll of magic protection. second of all, it cannot be reflected. third, it is not cheap, because I ONLY use it in three situations:
a, enemy mage is using staff of magi and dont show up his face.
b, enemy mage is trying to use imprison. (i can tolerate time stop but not imprison)
c, enemy mage is using an edited character
Old 03-16-2001, 10:15 AM   #29
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

a little add on, killer. I always thought my kensai/mage is the best, and I got ass kicked by barbarians. not that I dont know how to play, because the mage part DOES NOT help at all. (heh, dont tell me I dont know what spell to cast, I've been dueling for a while) it is just, I am a level 10 kensai without the mage part, and he could not stand up against a lvl 19 barb.