Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2005, 06:47 AM   #41
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Power Attack, cleave, great cleave, improve critical. All are good feats that also lead to dev crit and allow you to dish out more damage.

You can also take the feats that improve your bard song.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:47 AM   #42
Target
Red Dragon

I know fighters get quite a lot of feats, how many feats would I get for 4 bard levels, and 10 RDD levels...or dose it all depend on what level I am when I start to take them...does that make sense?

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 12:14 PM   #43
Zink Whistlefly

Well, it does depend on what level you start taking the bard/RDD levels, but you'll get 3 feats every 4 character levels with that kind of build, so you could expect at least 4 feats over those 14 levels.

Jim
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 04:49 PM   #44
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Zink Whistlefly:
quote:
Originally posted by J'aran:
Not 100% sure, but I would be very surprised if that works. Just like wearing a Girdle of Storm Giant Strength might easily give you 25+ STR, but won't enable you to take Devastating Critical if your base score is lower.
Spot on correct.

Unfortunately, in order to get a feat such as mobility that requires dodge, your character must have the dodge as an innate feat, rather than acquiring it via some equipment/weapon.

Jim
[/QUOTE]That's not exactly true. Unless changed in the latest update, if you have an item equipped that gives you the dodge feat, you can take mobility. It will not work for ability scores, but it will for feats. Imagine this, I have a lvl 8 char on a server, that is already 3 lvls into weapon master...He met all the requirements skill wise, and had the required feats, due to equipped items. The problem you run into is that if you remove the item, or replace it with something else, then you cannot advance in that class, if it required the feat, however, once you have a feat, you have it. That's the way that it worked, prior to the last patch, I have not tried it with another char since then however.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 04:42 AM   #45
Zink Whistlefly

Quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:
quote:
Originally posted by Zink Whistlefly:
quote:
Originally posted by J'aran:
Not 100% sure, but I would be very surprised if that works. Just like wearing a Girdle of Storm Giant Strength might easily give you 25+ STR, but won't enable you to take Devastating Critical if your base score is lower.
Spot on correct.

Unfortunately, in order to get a feat such as mobility that requires dodge, your character must have the dodge as an innate feat, rather than acquiring it via some equipment/weapon.

Jim
[/QUOTE]That's not exactly true. Unless changed in the latest update, if you have an item equipped that gives you the dodge feat, you can take mobility. It will not work for ability scores, but it will for feats. Imagine this, I have a lvl 8 char on a server, that is already 3 lvls into weapon master...He met all the requirements skill wise, and had the required feats, due to equipped items. The problem you run into is that if you remove the item, or replace it with something else, then you cannot advance in that class, if it required the feat, however, once you have a feat, you have it. That's the way that it worked, prior to the last patch, I have not tried it with another char since then however.
[/QUOTE]Blimey I really didn't know that was the case. Thanks for the correction!
Old 07-05-2005, 09:23 AM   #46
Zaleukos
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Target:
Interesting...I didn't know you could dual wield flails and morningstars. (was thinking that would look cool, a morningstar in one hand and a hand axe in the other!)

When dual wielding does it make more sense to go the finesse route or to pump up the Str?
The restriction for chain weapons is such that you cant use them in your off hand. A morningstar and a hand axe will work fine.

But AFAIK the chain weapons are medium sized, and thats a slight disadvantage.
Zaleukos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:23 AM   #47
Target
Red Dragon

I also found out you can't keen morningstar's ( I think that right anyway) so I decided against them, I might re-think them for a different build.

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Old 07-07-2005, 05:07 AM   #48
Target
Red Dragon

I've just found the Katana of the North in SoU, I was wondering what one of the special properties means, the Massive Criticals: 1d4 Damage?
Does it mean if I get a critical hit, this sword does 1-4 more damage?

Old 07-07-2005, 05:24 AM   #49
Zink Whistlefly

Correct. A weapon with "Massive Criticals" does additional damage on a critical hit. In this case, 1D4 is added (not exactly massive!).

This damage is added after the critical multiplier, and so does not get multiplied in any way.

Overwhelming Critical works independently of Massive Criticals too, so they stack.

[ 07-07-2005, 05:59 AM: Message edited by: Zink Whistlefly ]
Old 07-07-2005, 06:54 AM   #50
Target
Red Dragon

That's good, more damage is something I like!!