Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Old 10-31-2000, 03:12 PM   #1
DemonX

I bought Darkstone when it first came out and played it a lot, like every game I buy. What a great game! The patches kept the game up to date and added much improvements. But with the addition of the editor..... What a kick ass idea! Not many games out there let you "build" your own adventure. Granted you still need to collect the crystal and ultimatly destroy Draak, but the actual route you take would be different (and unique). So basically what I'm trying to say is..... Now that everyone has "played Darkstone to death", is there anyone out there that still plays? Multiplayer I mean! I just thought it would be cool to "network" some people together to generate a quest and play!

Any thoughts?
Old 11-07-2000, 03:07 PM   #2
Ulatekk

Somebody should build a web site where you can download custom adventures built from the editor. That would be nice.

Later...
Old 11-08-2000, 02:05 AM   #3
20mithrandir

There are still 2 sites to download (20) custom quests:
(English) http://homepages.compuserve.de/ComtessaM/
(German) http://www.8ung.at/petertaucher/darkstone.htm
Old 11-08-2000, 02:46 AM   #4
AnElk

Dead? Darkstone? Not as far as I see it. I've tried both Baldurs gate and Diablo (with hellfire exp) and Diablo 2. Only games left and still running hard on my HDD is Baldurs gate and in particular, Darkstone! I simply LOVE this game... I made a quest with the editor and I'd give it out on the net but I simply don't have the patience to translate from swedish (my native language) to english.
I'd also love some netplaying but I aint got no internet from home. Phonecompany has shut down my line for some odd reason... (guess why)
Old 12-29-2000, 09:56 AM   #5
Tyrant_42

I have just gotten dark stone, and i love it!I have also played the diablo games and Baldur's Gate, and to me, Dark Stone is a new twist. I have not seen an RPG like Dark Stone. I really don't like 3D RPG's, but I love Dark Stone. I do not think Dark Stone is dead. But what do I know. I just got the game. One RPG that I love just as much is Revenant. It is more like the Diablo games, but it has a good story, and some action-packed game-play.
Old 02-18-2001, 08:49 AM   #6
DarkstoneLady

I'm quite interested in that quest... I think I know enough Swedish to manage. Would you share it ? Could offer help with the translation too maybe.