Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2002, 08:49 AM   #1
Keraptisdm
Elminster

As you're trudging around the Sword Coast, you encounter all kinds of baddies that want to harm you. Well my question is, which monster do you hate fighting the most. You know, the type that when you see it, you go "Oh no! Not 'blank' again!" It does not have to be a big boss or a difficult type either.

I hate Xvarts! Ugh. I pepper them with so many arrows, they look like swiss cheese! But when the fog of war lifts, and I hear "ATTACK!", I go "Oh no! Not Xvarts again!" [img]graemlins/uhoh2.gif[/img]
Keraptisdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 09:02 AM   #2
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Kobolds, annoying little yipping SOB's.
Old 10-25-2002, 09:47 AM   #3
Grungi
Banned User

oh dear your going to start baggins off again [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 09:48 AM   #4
Grungi
Banned User

most annoying monsters are any of them that cast dire charm, normally sirines just cos of the fact seeing my tank coming back into my party and chopping my party to pieces in a few seconds gets depressing after 5 reloads [img]tongue.gif[/img] (must remember to summon animals [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 11:19 AM   #5
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I hate Kobolds with their pesky fire arrows and only get a few messily experiance. In BGII they have Kamokazie kobolds who run out to your party blow themselves up so now I hate them even more. I was like oh look at the cute Kobold with the sword Ha!HA!HA!. 2 seconds later: "Nooo!", reload redo some stuff.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 12:33 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

1st place: The Waylay area that contains a Basilisk. If you're not prepared for it, you're screwed, and due to some stupid rule, you can't go back to Waylay areas to Stone to Flesh whoever got Petrified.

2nd place: That damned Waylay area with the 2 Wyverns and 3 Spiders that catch your party in a pincer movement, so you can't move your weaker members to the back. Not only that, but the mosters RE-APPEAR ech time you go through the area! AAAAAGH!!!!
Old 10-25-2002, 01:23 PM   #7
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I could agree with SixOfSpades but I really don't mind dying when the opponent is worthy of a challenge as the challenge can be enjoyable. But dying at the hands of Kobolds that is just embarrassing. :embarrassed:

[ 10-25-2002, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 04:10 PM   #8
Wilbur
Zhentarim Guard

Low level party + unrested + Winter wolves = Destruction
Wilbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 06:01 PM   #9
esquire
The Magister

sword spiders...squish them on site.
Old 10-25-2002, 06:44 PM   #10
I wish my name was Baggins
Elminster

Without a doubt for me it is the Pheonix Guards of Durlag's Tower or the Tombstone in Nashkel. Kill them and they explode into a fireball and THEN they rise from the ashes only to be killed again to explode into a fireball again.