Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2001, 07:13 PM   #11
Legolas the Elven Archer

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Haven't experienced deja vu very many times in my life, but when I did it was usually wherein I had dreamt something, and then later something happened either similar or exactly as the dream, e.g., deja vu, albeit of a different sort.
I personally have déja vu's while dreaming too. I'm sure having the same dream two or three times is quite normal, but I remember that halfway through one dream I thought that I've already experienced that before, while normally you would only realise it after you wake up. Still, it's not like I have these déja vu's all the time. I just seem to remember them.
I think that's because some part of me wants to prove I'm not having a déja vu if the same situation comes back a second time (which so far has never happened)

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 10-21-2001, 07:28 PM   #12
Tom
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by mitsos:
Have you ever had one? This feeling that you've done smt before even if you haven't? I get it thousands of times and I'm starting wondering if it's only my vivid imagination or it's smt else. What do you think?

Happens to me SO MANY TIMES!!! OMG ITS SO SCARY! IM SO SERIOUS!

------------------

Coffee anyone?

Yes... of course.
Old 10-21-2001, 07:38 PM   #13
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Deja Vu...........for me would be in an educational sense.

Wah, have you done your literature assignment set for today?

Oh Ms! I'm sorry! I forgot to do it - I swear I thought I did it yesterday, I swear I did.

(A very typical situation, by the way )

I think (a very personal opinion), that it is affected by our natural ability to take things for granted. Say, you wanted to do the shopping, and you were in a tremendous hassle, you'd say: "Bother! I'll do it later!"

Then, when your "mental plan of the day" gets disrupted, you continue to live the illusion that it HAS been done, and continue on your day as if it were written in your heads, from the morning you got up!

Repression is a defence mechanism explained by Freud, which contributes to the way in which our brains "mentally work".

So even if you were asked to learn your ABCs (very corny I know), if the idea of learning it was "pushed" back by stress and stuff - the next time the ABCs come up again (by chance), you'd think that you've done it before, and that you actually know it! (But you don't!)

Oh well............I'm a lich - not a psychologist! So ask me to deliver powerful magics instead next time!

------------------
Old 10-21-2001, 07:43 PM   #14
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Happens to me alot.

------------------
Order of the Holy Flame
Member of Clan HADB
Laughing Hyena
Clan Illuminati
Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force
Official Scribe, Clan TLFB

Old 10-21-2001, 08:37 PM   #15
Encard
Quintesson

Hmm... I say, we've all been attacked by time-traveling alien demons from Mars... or something like that... Or possibly it's something else I suppose. I don't really know. But yes, I get deja-vu every once in a while (those @^$(@^&$# time-traveling alien demons!). *shrug* Can't rembmer at what times, though.

------------------
The Eternal ChAos-bringer of

HADB

CCCCCCcccccccHHHHHHHHhhhhhhAAAAAAAaaaaaaaOOOOOOOoo oooooSSSSSSSsssssss.............

[This message has been edited by Encard (edited 10-21-2001).]
Old 10-21-2001, 08:53 PM   #16
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

i get that feeling qutie alot as well. i cant explain why it happens, it just does.

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Shadow Dragon of the DotW
Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe
Possessor of the Aerie Diamond Head from the ALSB.
Page in the Court of Lady Lioness

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-22-2001, 03:42 AM   #17
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

It's odd, I get deja vu quite often, and about many things, even fairly normal things.

------------------
Resident cantankerous sorcerer of the Clan HADB
and Sorcerous Nuttella salesman of the O.R.T

Long live HADB!!!

'What doesn't kill me makes me stronger'
Old 10-22-2001, 03:58 AM   #18
Lord Arn Dragonfire
The Magister

strange I jsut had one and now I saw this thread cool

It kinda felt like I allready had seen the persons doing the samething at the same place... it's kinda spooky isn't it

------------------
Bronze Cavalier of ALSB, symbol and protector of goodness

May light illuminate u all