Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2001, 09:36 PM   #21
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

It was sunny alright, - I remember I had my jacket off. The darkness was due to the tall elm trees from aboves I guess. Seriously, no kidding.

And Ziroc!! I told you!!! I'm having exams tomorrow!!

3:00am in the morning and you wipe my memories out, LOL (j/k)

Nah, I guess it was a camera glitch I guess.

But seriously, I had that pit in the stomach when I realised that I had taken it. It is my first camera glitch in a LONG line of photographs. (perhaps even my first time)

And when you spent an evening watching "Halloween" it just makes it even more unbearable

------------------
Old 06-10-2001, 09:39 PM   #22
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Wah:

And when you spent an evening watching "Halloween" it just makes it even more unbearable

That, I think, would explain much!

Also: at worst, you now have a REALLY cool photograph that you can mystify your friends with!

P.S. Ziroc, that last post of yours, the pic didn't come out on...can you amend the tags on it?

"S"
Old 06-10-2001, 09:42 PM   #23
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Sigh........

.......what have I done to deserve such a nice bunch of people like this?

I'm going to sleep in a moment, 3:00am and Psychology exams tomorrow.

Fingers Crossed
No fear (fear in this sense is another form of fear = failure!)

Goodnight to you all
Wah

------------------
Old 06-10-2001, 09:42 PM   #24
Ziroc

Quote:
Ah!! Halloween is my FAVORITE horror movie... scary as hell!

Old 06-10-2001, 09:43 PM   #25
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
I hate you guys!!

C'mon it's 2:00am in the morning over here! It dark outside and the last thing I need is you people giving me the chills!

PS: I just realied I am a TOTAL CONTRADICTION sometimes.

Funny eh?

Again Goodnight Sazerace, Moni, Zir..................(yawn)...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

------------------
Old 06-10-2001, 09:47 PM   #26
BladeMaster

Quote:
Sigh........

.......what have I done to deserve such a nice bunch of people like this?

I'm going to sleep in a moment, 3:00am and Psychology exams tomorrow.

Fingers Crossed
No fear (fear in this sense is another form of fear = failure!)

Goodnight to you all
Wah

You deserve us just because you are our favorite Arch Lich. Good Luck on your exams and sleep tight. Don't worry about the picture just concentrate on your exams.

------------------
Do you TIRE of MORTAL LIFE so much that you SEEK to end it at the HANDS of

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/evermeet

Old 06-10-2001, 09:49 PM   #27
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Good Luck Wah! I am keeping my fingers crossed! So is Kivan and Tiax! Tiax even cast Bless on you and is beginning to cast Chant!
Old 06-10-2001, 09:51 PM   #28
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

I have had the same effect on a camcorder when I had condensation form on the lens, and also when there was a wisp of hair over my lens in an ordinary camera. The mist looks much more like this kind of effect than real mist to me.

But what have you all missed - can any one else see the figure standing just to the left of the tomb in the background.

I am not a complete cynic. I have knows Maoris and Pacific Islanders who regularly talk to their dead relatives, and I have had several experiences that have convinced me that there is far more out there than science tells us. However, I am not sure that you can photograph it!

Old 06-10-2001, 09:52 PM   #29
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

"There are more things in heaven and in earth than in your philosophy, O Horatio."----William Shakespeare

------------------
O_H_F

Old 06-10-2001, 10:01 PM   #30
Charean
Hathor

Quote:
A while ago, I was walking down a cemetery near my college.

It was essential for my artwork and I had a digital camera with me to take some pictures.

I took about 64 or 65 "snaps", and loaded them individually into my PC so that I could draw sections later on.

It has been a while now, but I had a feeling today, I decided to browse through them again to see if I actually needed them on my hard drive anymore.

I went through each one, until I reached this picture...............

I FOUND THIS:

PS:

* I have done NO editing with ANY paint shop program or indeed did ANY modification to the picture.
* I have never realised this until now.
* It is impossible to duplicate the same effects (look how the mist curves over the grave!)
* It was a sunny day.

Can this be explained?
Can someone tell me that it was just a dream, please.

Is it me, or can you guys see it too?

Help me, Wah doesn't like being scared

Ok, spent some more time looking at it - and I am going to tell you what I would tell my students ...

When you look at really religious cemeteries, there is sometimes a mist over them... sometimes with a lacy appearance. Now this is where I am going to get in trouble, but those are spirits that are waiting for Christ to come down and get them and take them to heaven. Sometimes the holes you see are those who have gone ahead...

Whatever your philosophy, they are ghosts, and they are not going to do harm because they are waiting patiently (or not as the case may be) where they are. They are there for a reason, just as you are where you are for a reason.

Ok, I am going to get off this limb I am on and climb back down the tree...

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
Looking for lost brain - I left it only for a moment....and there it goes... rolling under the table!!
Noticing that the Light has gotten further down a Dark Tunnel than expected... Time to get the Lantern... Knowing sooner or later - I will get to the End of this Tunnel to the Open Air once again...