Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2002, 04:36 AM   #21
Ar-Cunin
Ra

Sanael Ganahr

Seeing the great wolf charging down on him, he decides to forget trying to use his bow. Instead he draws his longsword and dagger and takes a defensive stand.

The wolf lunges at him, and he dives to the side cutting a shallow gash in the wolfs flank.

It immidiatly turns around and comes back at Sanael while he is still unbalanced, ducking under his sword and sinking its fangs into his right thigh. But a thrust from the dagger hits it near its right eye, forcing it to release its grip. Sanael sinks down trying to get the weight off his wounded leg.

The wolf hesitates for a brief moment - then lunges again feignting high then ducking low to avoid the swinging sword.

But this time Sanael is ready. As the wolf ducks and closes, he brings his dagger up from below - right through the wolfs muzzle - effectively sealing it's mouth. Then forcefully twisting the dagger, he exposes the wolfs belly and bring down his longsword, slashing it open and mortally wounding the wolf.

"Now that was fancy dagger-work" he snarles (OOC: I hope Isaura was watching )

It trashes around in its deaththroes and Sanael looses the grip on his dagger. Instead of trying to retrive it, he checks his immidiate surronding - and finding no enemies trying to engage him, he limps over to his bow and picks it up while planting his sword in the ground beside himself.

"Lets see how those treehuggers like a few arrows in their gullets"

OOC: sword and parrying dagger - every munchkins favourite weapon [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2002, 08:30 AM   #22
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

GREENTUNIC (Shaken by the loss of his two friends and of his wolves, he calls on more wolves from the forest. However these are further away, and will take some time to get there. He has only nine left in his Grove, and they are scttered thoughout the land. He sends mental calls to them, but all but one object that the party is too strong. The last, Chiarra, sends a pigeon with the word that she and her pack will attack but not before the morrow at the earliest. Disappointed, he goes to his daughter's bedside and again casts all of his healing spells upon her. Momentarily, her ashen face brightens and she seems in the pink of health, again, but once again the holy sword's wound refuses to heal before the wild magic. He buries his head in the rough sheets in despair.)

[ 06-23-2002, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: Attalus ]
Old 06-23-2002, 08:37 AM   #23
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

SIR BLANDAMOUR (To King Beresfor) "And, why should we do this? Why does the dragon lust for this vase to such an extent? If you fear that he will take the vase and not return your daughter, I will broker the exchange. Believe me, the dragon will not attempt to cheat me."

BERESFOR "He had no right to kidnap my daughter! I shall not add wrong to wrong by giving him my vase! It is mine, I tell you, mine!" (A strange lust glows in his eyes.) "Surely, a Knight of your Order will not leave an inocent maiden in the clutches of a foul dragon! All for a piece of pottery?"
Old 06-23-2002, 10:10 AM   #24
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

GREENTUNIC He appears at the slot leading to the dragon's den, startling ZZZrup the quickling, who darts in to tell his master. Allowed in, he cries: "Oh, Dragon who is so powerful! Can you heal my Diana, my only daughter? I thought myself a healer, but the wound on her side will not yield to me, and drains out what life that she has."

KINN'ZUWANNIK "Have I not told you that I care not? Besides, even were I inclined, I would not have the power. She was wounded by Blandamour, was she not? He wields Cold Iron, the sword of Torm during the Time of Troubles. The wounds that it makes heal not by power such as yours or mine, but to it, alone. Blandamour the Thrice Accursed would have to lay Cold Iron's hilt upon the wound, and with good will. You could not force him, or do it yourself. There is one other weapon that could heal your daughter, that is the Dagger of Desire, that wounds or heals, depending upon the weilder's wishes. But, it has been lost in the ages, and no one now knows where it lies, or who possesses it."
Old 06-23-2002, 10:10 AM   #25
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sorsha

Realising that everyone is trying to protect her, she had felt shame and comfort engulfing her simultaneously. There had been nothing left but the obvious - be less of a hindrance. And so, she had cast sanctuary, such that the attacking wolves would ignore her presence.

As the injured ones now scampered away leaving their fallen comrades, the spell, too, fizzles out and she hurries around, casting cure light wounds on those who require it. When that is done, she rushes to Legolas' side, holding his hand anxiously, her eyes poring over every muscle of his handsome, perspiring face.

"What is it, Legolas?"
Old 06-23-2002, 10:26 AM   #26
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Isaura

She glares at her sister who is acting the goddess, rushing around healing the companions while she herself stands uselessly, having flailed her dagger about wildly in the face of real danger ~ And so soon, after my lessons from Galadria!

The sight of the elf and Sorsha eats at her as she remembers the way she had likely spurned Raymond. Gritting her teeth, she walks away towards the paladin, smoldering in frustration ~ "Would it be wise to linger around here, Galadria, or should we press on?"
Old 06-23-2002, 11:10 AM   #27
Legolas
Jack Burton

Legolas

He feels a faint burning sensation in his lungs. Through the ringing of his ears, it takes a while for him to realise he is not breathing. When he finally does, it comes as quite the shock, and he shoots up gasping for air. Less than two minutes have passed since he first fell to the ground, and as he recovers from the initial fright he soon notes he is otherwise fine except for a bruise on his arm where he hit a rock.
It is quickly dismissed, though, as he feels Sorsha behind him. For a moment he thought it was not touch or scent that told him, but something else. Again he dismisses deeper thought and he turns around to examine her.
He smiles upon actually seeing her.

"Don't worry about me, I'm fine now. Are you?"

Slowly, the echoes of the command word, too, begin to fade.
Old 06-23-2002, 11:11 AM   #28
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

THE ESTATE

“So they have left. So much fanfare about their arrival only to produce so hasty an exit. A pity, though, for my dear wood carvers have nearly finished their work.” Wearing the aspect of the Lady Cora once more, Melpomene grows silent. She walks slowly about the room pausing before each of the numerous pieces of art, her eyes shining with delight as she views them. “I shall have to find a very special place for the new pieces once they are finished,” she smiles. “It seems our dear little Isaura would rather flee her past than face it. A pity. I had such wonderful plans for her. But there are other matters I must attend to in her absence .....” She smiles once more. “I understand there are visitors within the grove.”
Old 06-23-2002, 11:16 AM   #29
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ni Deng

He approached the paladin, laborously dragging his victim behind.

"I am not thinking we should be going already. I am having here for you an unconscious druidess. You will be wanting to do some questioning, yes?"

He released his grip on the body, turned away and searched around for a rock to sit on as he waited. When he spotted one, he was quick to take it for himself. Or he would have been quick if only he'd been younger...
Old 06-23-2002, 12:49 PM   #30
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

LADY GALADRIA (She watches Ni Deng with amusement dragging a druidess over to her. Her hair is a mess, full of twigs and moss, and her armpit hair that protrudes from under her deerhide jumper has obvious lice. There is a large pimple on her nose. She is wounded, though, so she casts a healing spell on her, after securely binding her wrists. She waits patiently for her to awaken)

ELIZA (After tending the horses, she goes out into the stableyard and sees a parapet. She skips up the tower stair, and, after being greeted by the tower guard, leans over the wall. The beauty of the mountain valley that opens up before her is breathtaking. The steep walls are shrouded in mist from the forest river that wind at its base. Huge pines loom here and there. She sees strange stones and limpid pools. How magical, she breathes. I am so glad to be out of Korup-Shun.)

[ 06-23-2002, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: Galadria ]
Closed Thread