Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2002, 01:27 PM   #241
TAOWolf
White Dragon

OOC: okay, here's the deal, I can't post alot or the way I want when at work, starting tomorrow night, I will catch up on my posts in here and Tavern....... hopefully get everything up to speed.....

see ya'll tomorrow night [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]

May the moon always shine upon your face, and your imagination soar to the heavens.... Chan ann leis a’chiad bhuille thuiteas a’chraobh.
Old 07-17-2002, 02:17 PM   #242
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

OOC>>Hi, TAO. How's tricks? IC>>

LADY GALADRIA (She goes over to Blandamour, not seeing Lilyblack at first.) "What's the matter. Eliza, you look like someone walked over your grave." (Sees Lilyblack) "Helm, that's the woman I saw you talking to in Tarashia, Sir Blandamour. What is she doing out here? How did she find us in this howling wilderness? Something strange is going on."

[ 07-17-2002, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: Galadria ]
Old 07-17-2002, 03:05 PM   #243
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

SIR BLANDAMOUR (to Galadria, hugging Eliza protectively) "That is Lilyblack of the Scar. She is Sir Bors' spymaster. What whe is doing here, I have no idea." (to Eliza) "Eliza, snap out of it. You want to be a paladin, you must face your fears, not run for protection."
Old 07-17-2002, 04:41 PM   #244
Ar-Cunin
Ra

Sanael Ganahr

walks up to the rest of the group.

"Is this a Paladins and Princesses meeting only or can any one join the discussion. Bye the way - who is the woman over there? She seems familiar - allthough I can't quite place her.

[ 07-17-2002, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Ar-Cunin ]
Old 07-17-2002, 06:37 PM   #245
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

SIR BLANDAMOUR (smiles slightly at Sanael) "As I was just telling these ladies, that is Lilyblack of the Scar. You may remember her from Korup-Shun. We are wondering what in Torm's name she is doing here."
Old 07-17-2002, 10:31 PM   #246
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

OOC>>> Time out everyone... first off, thanks to all for your concern [img]smile.gif[/img] Now, to serious business...*cough**cough*

When I first set up this thread, my intention was to create a world in which anyone interested could roleplay in and more importantly, for the members to engage in wholesome, companionable fun. In this spirit, I let things run freely, hoping that things would somehow just work out by themselves. This was on the assumption that all members were sporting, accommodating and logical.

Well, so far I think we've done a pretty good job so far, considering the multitude of personalities, talent and roleplaying styles we have here. The situation, however, has changed somewhat now and I think we may be in danger of losing certain players due to the varied differences.

Let me state upfront that I do not want anyone to leave. As most of you would have guessed by now, I hate unpleasantness as much as Sorsha does (probably more [img]tongue.gif[/img] ).

If I could, I'd tie you all to this thread so you couldn't leave Either that, or [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] and fall on my knees to beg you to stay. But that would be pointless if any of you truly disliked being in this story, for whatever reasons.

So rather than let our story continue to swing erratically one way or another, I think it will be better to have a more experienced DM in the story. Now, I know some of you will not like being told that you can't do this, or you can't do that. And so very likely, you'll abandon this thread in a huff All I can say is that to my best knowledge, the DM I am appointing will be able to do a better job than myself.

If, in the event, the DM makes a decision which totally [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img] any member off and no win-win situation can be achieved, then I will either (1) stand by the DM because I agree with the call or (2)ask the moderators to close the thread because I do not want to witness actions taken that I am not agreeable to.

I want to reiterate that that I hope everyone will be able to get along together despite our differences, but if these cannot be resolved and members leave, it will be our great loss [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] if you leave.

Having said this, I want to give everyone a [img]graemlins/bighug.gif[/img] and thank you all for your participation thus far. Really hope this thread continues to develop into an epic story that is fun to be involved in [img]smile.gif[/img]

That's all for now [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] Phew.

[ 07-17-2002, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]
Old 07-17-2002, 11:11 PM   #247
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

OOC>>Erm, I don't think I understood all of that, Mistral. I thought we were having a good time (I certainly was) but I shall abide by your decision.
Old 07-17-2002, 11:14 PM   #248
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

OOC>>OK Mistral, thats fine with me. Hope you dont make the game too restricting, or you'll squelch Verloren's adventerous attitude [img]tongue.gif[/img] . Whos the DM to be?
Old 07-17-2002, 11:42 PM   #249
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

OOC>>> I don't think it's a matter of squelching enthusiasm, LadyBlue It's more of setting some basic understanding of how the game will proceed. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Some observations so far:

1) Our adventurers range from the almost-uninitiated (witness the poor waif scrambling to get out of trouble [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] ) to almost god-like ability (one stroke and the enemies are disposed of). To ensure optimal enjoyment, I think we need to come up with an agreed experience level range.

2) The more creative among us may wish to create worlds/adventures and act as semi-DMs within these worlds. In which case, I think it is reasonable for all players within that world/adventure to respect the semi-DM's instructions on what they can/cannot do.

3) Some of us are unable to respond immediately, due to timezone, personal or whatever problems. To be fair to those, I think we should try to wait for them to respond unless they have specifically mentioned that we can drag their characters along or RP them temporarily. If there is no response for 1 day, we can PM the member in question and ask if it's ok for us to help run the character to push the plot along.

4) Some of us take the AD&D rules more seriously than the others. For the game to be enjoyable, we need to agree on how serious we should be. For this reason especially, I would need the overall DM to take charge.

The overall DM, on top of being responsible for 4), will help oversee the game and ensure that 1) to 3) are being observed.

I hope what I've mentioned so far sounds agreeable and reasonable to the rest.

As for the DM... let me think through my list of candidates. Will get back soon! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-17-2002, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]
Old 07-18-2002, 12:16 AM   #250
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Ooh...kay. I think I see where this is leading, but I'm gonna wait for the pronouncement. I still don't know what brought this on, but I think that I know. Well, all good things must come to an end...
Closed Thread