Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2002, 08:23 PM   #111
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

GREENTUNIC (bitterly)"What you see is the magic that keeps me from healing her. It is the magic of that sword that your friend the paladin bears. Do you not wonder that I fear to let him near her? What do you know of him, mysterious woman of the scarred face? What can you tell me that would make me trust him with my treasure?"
Old 07-03-2002, 09:01 PM   #112
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>Quick note to all you happy players...I have not left you for NWN !!...I actually have no time to be here, as my sister-in-law and her family have moved in my home for the week and the guest room is the PC room. I will return to you all on Sunday night, I hope.
Old 07-03-2002, 11:04 PM   #113
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

(to Greentunic) "By all accounts that I have heard, Sir Blandamour acted in self-defense against your daughter.

He was just as reluctant to offer his aid as you are to recieve it, but your son's concern for his sister persuaded him to change his mind.

Sir Blandamour gave his word to young Dolcan that he will heal your daughters wound. If you know anything of paladins, then you know that they value their honor as much as their fighting prowess, perhaps more. He would be shamed among his peers if he went back on his word and harmed your daughter.

You have seen how ineffective even your most powerful magic's are to cure the damage done by his blade. If you do not accept his aid, your daughter will surely die."

Addison pauses a moment to let Greentunic consider his words, then continues.

"We know it was the dragon who directed your daughter and her allies to attack Sir Blandamour. We have plans to face this dragon and rescue the princess he holds captive. Perhaps you would also like to face this beast and repay him for the wounds suffered by your daughter. Why not direct your wrath at the one truly responsible for your daughters condition?"
Old 07-04-2002, 08:19 AM   #114
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

GREENTUNIC (to Addison-you seee a struggle break out on his wooden face) "There is much in what you say. Indeed, she did attack him on the dragon's - cursed be your name, Kinn'zuwannik! This is truly all your fault! That dragon's fault. Yes, the paladin may come, I shall trust to his precious 'honor.'" (He turns back to Diana and utters a wrenching sob. She seems to stir and moan a little in response)

*Addison and Isaura hear a noise like a large bee. Something is fumbling at the door latch.*
Old 07-04-2002, 08:48 AM   #115
Cerek the Barbaric

Kellen sits down, accepts the wine from the sprites and takes an appreciative sip. He is enjoying his encounter with the sprites. There were many such creatures, and their kin, in the woods where he was raised and he has always admired the "free-spiritedness" exhibited by most of them.

He was also - undisciplined - as a youth. Ignoring his chores to spend hours roaming his beloved woods and often getting into mischief very similar to that encouraged by the faerie folk.

After several drinks from the wine bottle, Kellen decides it would be rude to not drink from the other bottle as well. After all, Sylvas and...and....uh....the OTHER one were kind enough to offer it, what would they think if he refused?

He removes the mithral stopper and the pungent aroma of the dwarven spirit fills his nostrils. The smell is strong, but pleasant. It is also mildly intoxicating by itself.

Kellen lifts the bottle and takes a hearty swig. The liquid seems to burn its way down his throat, into his stomach, and then spreads to the very tips of his fingers and toes. Again, the sensation isn't unpleasant, just very powerful.

He notices that the sprites now seem to be flying around rather erratically (they're actually just hovering in front of him with very amused looks on thier faces.). He lifts the bottle and takes another long draught, then promptly falls over on his back in a deep sleep.

Jasper flies over and lands on Kellens' cheek. Reaching down, he lifts the elf's eyelids and peers underneath. Kellen shows no response.

"Nope," Jasper says, "DEFINITELY not a dwarf."

Addison turns to the door to see what the disturbance is.

OOC>> Let me know what Mr. Quick does. I'm hoping to at least hit him with a spell or two before he zips off.
Old 07-04-2002, 11:57 AM   #116
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

(Addison sees glimpses of a sprite yanking furiously at the doorlatch, which is stuck.)

GREENTUNIC (To Addison, shouting) "It is the quickling! We must stop him, if he is not to get to the dragon."
Old 07-04-2002, 12:46 PM   #117
Cerek the Barbaric

Addison spies the small creature and quickly pulls some spell components out of a pouch. He begins casting Hold Monster

The Quickling struggles to open the door before the spell goes off, but doesn't make it. He feels the magical energy strike his body, sinking in and trying to immobilize his limbs. Fortunately, Quicklings are highly resistant to magic and the spell has no effect. The Quickling changes tactics and charges towards the mage, his sword zipping back and forth as he goes.

Addison's normally calm demeanor cracks a little as the Quickling attacks. His Cloak of Displacement and mulitple Stoneskins spells usually protect him from physical attacks for several rounds. However, the Quickling eliminates all of these defenses in his first flurry of attacks, leaving Addison more exposed and vulnerable than he is used to.

Adjusting to the speed of his foe, Addison casts Magic Missile, a quick spell that never misses and deals lots of damage. Numerous "darts" of magical energy appear in the air, and streak down to slam into the Quickling.

The force of the attacks takes the Quicklings breath away and momentarily stuns him. As he recovers, he sees the mage beginning to cast yet another spell. Moving too fast to be seen, he grabs his sword and rushes over to stab the mage through the foot.

Addison yells in pain, which breaks his concentration and causes his unfinished spell to fizzle. He begins to cast again, only to have the sword stabbed through his other foot.

"DAMN!" he yells as he jerks his foot up off the floor. Addison changes his stance, placing the more injured foot behind him and away from this speeding demon-faerie. He tries again, moving his hands around to begin another spell - then suddenly lashing straigt out with his front foot.

The ruse works and he kicks the Quickling under its' chin as it rushes in with it's sword raised yet again. The collision is increased by the little sprites momentum and he flies back into the wall, completely stunned from the impact.

Addison wastes no time in completing his spell this time, but it is not directed at the fallen Quickling. Instead, a magical aura surrounds his feet as the Spider-climbing spell takes effect. Addison then "walks" up the wall and onto the ceiling, hanging upside down in the middle of the room, but never taking his eyes off the deadly littly creature.

OOC>> OK, the Quickling has taken about 40-50hp of damage (your discretion on that). He shouldn't be able to take more than a couple more good shots, but I thought Greentunic might want to get in a shot or two.
Old 07-04-2002, 01:14 PM   #118
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

GREENTUNIC "Well done, mage!" (He brings his staff down on the stunned creature, killing it.) "Ha, ZZbrp, your days of tormenting the prisoner for the dragon are done." (Looks at Addison shrewdly.) "Aye, mayhap I can trust you. Go and fetch your paladin and let him try his hands at healing her whom he hurt."

[ 07-04-2002, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: Attalus ]
Old 07-04-2002, 04:13 PM   #119
Cerek the Barbaric

Addison drops from the ceiling and cancels the Spider Climbing spell.

"Then I will fetch the paladin and the rest of our party with all due haste."

Addison steps out of the cabin and casts a Dimension Door back to the king's castle. He steps through and appears inside the throne room near the rest of the group, startling them somewhat.

Sir Blandamour looks at him and asks (somewhat sternly) "So....what news do you bring of the druid? Will he grant us safe passage?"

"He has given his word that no harm shall come to any of our party. In return, I have given my word - and yours too - that there will be no more hostility on our part. I reminded him that you acted in self-defense and that the dragon was his true enemy, as well as ours.

He agreed and may be willing to aid us in the upcoming battle against the beast. His heart cries for vengence for the pain suffered by his daughter. I convinced him to direct this vengence towards the one truly responsible for her plight.

Now, you may either follow me back through my dimensional portal, or use a more conventional method of travel to reach his cabin. I will await your arrival there in either case."

Addison pauses long enough for Sir Blandamour to reply, (OOC> You decide which.) then re-enters the portal and disappears.
Old 07-04-2002, 08:09 PM   #120
mistral4543

Sorsha

Somewhat overlooked by the group, Legolas and herself had retreated to a relatively inconspicuous spot to observe the proceedings. It appears that all should be going quite well when Addison appears with a dazzling ring of magical energy to convey his messages, then just as abruptly leave the group once more.

"Are wizards, sorcerors and bards not amazing, Legolas? Nothing quite like priests." ~ The awe in her voice is apparent ~ "Of course, they must have paid a price for these powers." ~ She glances up at the handsome face of the elven ranger ~ "I am so glad that you can accept me for what I am - plain and perhaps, below average in skill." ~ Her eyes glisten as they continue to fix upon his fondly.

Legolas

He has known her insecurities from the moment he rested his eyes upon her waif-like form. And it will take more than a few words a day to help her build up her confidence. So instead of speaking, he reaches out to hold her hand, grasping it warmly assuringly. That, and a smile, are enough to assuage her doubts for now. They then turn to face the group, ready to move off at Galadria's or Blandamour's call.
Closed Thread