Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 10-17-2001, 01:10 PM   #1
Ithaqua
Elite Waterdeep Guard

wheres this dragon that coran whants to kill?
Thnx Ith

------------------
Dont you, wish you had it all.
Dont you, Deserve to have it all.
NEAL DOWN! and tell me what you need.
Fame and money all for you,
I can make your every dream come true
Ithaqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 01:13 PM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

There is no dragon, in another part of the Cloakwood you find a wyvern's lair with a HUGE wyvern inside, luckily it's dead, but the baby and normal wyverns near it aren't.
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 01:17 PM   #3
Ithaqua
Elite Waterdeep Guard

its not the one from the summon cow spell is it?

------------------
Dont you, wish you had it all.
Dont you, Deserve to have it all.
NEAL DOWN! and tell me what you need.
Fame and money all for you,
I can make your every dream come true
Ithaqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 06:53 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

The most annoying thing about the wyvern quest (apart from being waylaid by them, of course) is the fact that my Coran can't seem to grasp the fact that we've already completed it. I read somewhere that Coran will leave your party if you don't deliver the head soon enough, so I made sure to fulfill Coran's quest right off. Even so, he keeps bugging me about having wyverns to kill. Is there some medication I should be putting him on or something, and has anyone else noticed this bug? I'm not worried about him running off (I just entered the Thieves' Maze, and if he hasn't run out on me by now, he's safe. Besides, if he does run, the traps would fry him), I just want him to shut up about the damn wyverns, already.
Ajantis does the same thing; keeps mentioning that we're not acting quickly enough, and how he's made it his sacred duty to clear the roads of bandits, LONG after we've finished Chapter 3.

------------------
Boots of Stealth: 1125 gp
Shadow Armor: 7875 gp
Slipping an Oil of Firey Burning down the back of Sarevok's armor: Priceless
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2001, 03:11 AM   #5
Zbyszek

I never had problems with Coran - I picked him, learned about the quest and kicked him out . I my games I used Ajantis many times and got that messages only in chapter 1 or 2 I think.
Zbyszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2001, 11:24 AM   #6
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Although it took me a while to complete his quest, Coran didn't give me any problems. I kept running into those wyverns at Cloakwood (the ones that ambush you that is) and never thought to pick up a head thinking "It's got to be a particular place somewhere." So, after going to their cave and heading (no pun intended) back to the temple, all was well. He never complained after that. Then again, he was too busy getting smacked around the head with blunt instruments for complaints! That'll learn him.

------------------
Making running away an art form
Lord Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2001, 12:13 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Hmmm.....maybe the fact that the wyvern head I returned was from the ambush, not the cave, had something to do with it. Or maybe not--the head seemed to suit Kelldath just fine, so I'm pretty sure a head is a head is a head. It must be my game version....

------------------
Old 10-19-2001, 05:03 AM   #8
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Yeah, I don't think there's a difference Six'. Throughout the game, if you meet a wyvern you can pick up it's head if you kill it. Anyone will do!

------------------
Making running away an art form
Lord Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2001, 05:49 PM   #9
TotalLobotamy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i'm not sure if you just have a bug in your program or if you really do need to go to that specific cave...when i completed that task for him, i just picked up the first head i came across...it didnt seem to bother him anymore after that...even though i ejected him from my group once i found someone who suited me more than he did
TotalLobotamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2001, 09:50 PM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Yeah, it's probably just a bug or an oversight by the programmers. Coran stayed with me all the way though to the end of the game, so it didn't really matter if he was complaining or not--but now I wonder if it was my Rep. of 20 and CHA of 19 that kept him with me. Would he have left if my Rep. was Average?Now there's a thinker.

------------------