Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-29-2001, 12:23 PM   #11
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

To clear up something, Daystar is considered a +2 enchanted weapon. You gain a +4 THACO bonus to hit against Undead, but it is only a THACO bonus, it does not mean it becomes a +4 enchanted weapon against Undead. A bit confusing, but that is how it works.
Old 11-29-2001, 12:47 PM   #12
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

kaleban, i have the cutt-throat+4 shortsword, and it affects kangaxx. and a TRUE bladesinger is SMART. he will use whatever means necesarry to defeat a foe. in the complete book of elves, it states that bladesingers cant even become proficient in another weapon, aside from their chosen weapon. that doesnt mean that they cant use them. they just dont get any bonuses, and all of the penalties. if you were master of the longsword, you wouldnt even get the +1 bonus that all other elves get with the shortsword or bows. in PnP, my bladesinger has a dagger+3(when thrown). given that bonus, and the bonus for having a 19 dexterity, he gets a +5 to hit with it.minus all of the penalties, it is a +1 to hit. what im saying is, you can use another weapon against kangaxx, or just choose a weapon that you can find a +4 enchantment on, as long as it is ONE handed, and make that your specialty weapon. that should solve your problem.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Old 11-29-2001, 01:06 PM   #13
Kaleban
Manshoon

Good point Morgan, and you're right, no true warrior of the Elven race would handicap himself to being stupefied by a dagger. Looks like I got all rulesy too...

Let me ask you this then. What would a BLADEsinger do against golems? I'm thinking Staff of the Magi, but it is two-handed, but available much earlier than Crom Faeyr, or in fact, most Blunt damage weapons capable of hitting golems at all!

Riddle me this, answer me that!

P.S. I'm all for swinging around the Flail of Ages and the soopa-doopa powerful weapons, but my character is more about finesse than brute strength.
Old 11-29-2001, 02:30 PM   #14
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

melfs minute meteors work against golems i BELIEVE. im not, then try a cloudkill? im not sure. however, if you cant beat it, then run away. and if you NEED a blunt weapon, you can get good magic hammers, and such at the adventurers mart. not exactly crom-fayer, but hey, they SHOULD work agains golems. ill have to look into this, i havent soloed my bladesinger through a third time yet, he is just maxed out, and not too fun to play anymore. i just keep him around because i will eventually use him in multi-player, and try to bring him into NWN. not for the levels and items, but for his stats. (thats IF nwn will let me keep them, but there is no harm in trying)
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Old 11-29-2001, 02:51 PM   #15
Kaleban
Manshoon

Actually, now that I think about it, I kind of like the idea of my lithe elf slicing and dicing with his Sword of Death (Celestial Fury or Blackrazor, not sure yet), while occasionally *bonking* things on the head with the Crom Faeyr...

KA-BONG!!! *TWANG!*