Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2001, 11:39 AM   #1
Fonzie Forum Tyrant of MH
Dungeon Master

The 11th day of a month seems to have been a monumental one on more than one occasion.

While the day of the WTC attacks will be remembered for all the wrong reasons as they day the world was brought into a new kind of war, the day the free world fought for its ideals.

the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month (atleast here in the UK) was when the guns fell silent.

This day has many names, memorial day, armastice day, rememberance day, poppy day, but only one meaning, it was the only good part of any war..... the end.

Now with the approach of this day where we pay thanks to those who went before us, a lot of whome made the ultimate sacrifice in the name of freedom, I have to ask, how much more poignant or how different will this years event be.

It strikes me that in this time when half the world is ready to go to war again that maybe this years rememberance day should be used to not only remember and honour those who gave their all to defend us before, but also to pay thanks to those who are prepared to do so now, and to those who were not given a choice when the attacks on the WTC happened.

Just make sure that in these times of trouble now, we also remember those who went before and when called on did the same as those of today are doing now, they defended our right to freedom and liberty.

On november the 11th we remember them.

Lets hope on november the 11th we remember them ALL.
Fonzie Forum Tyrant of MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 11:40 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Fonzie, good to see you here. Welcome to Ironworks.

------------------
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 11:49 AM   #3
Dungeon Master

Hi mem nice to get time to get here mate, I've been promiseing my self I would for a couple of weeks now.

heh heh Blame Cloudy and Nach they have been reminding me to pay a visit ;D
Old 10-25-2001, 12:15 PM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yes we have and I'm glad you finally couldn't stand it and came over!

Nice post, btw. We often get so wrapped up in things we miss the real important moments. The time to reflect and remember. Nice of you to remind us, Fonz.

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Cloudbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 12:25 PM   #5
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Fonzie Forum Tyrant of MH:
The 11th day of a month seems to have been a monumental one on more than one occasion.

While the day of the WTC attacks will be remembered for all the wrong reasons as they day the world was brought into a new kind of war, the day the free world fought for its ideals.

the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month (atleast here in the UK) was when the guns fell silent.

This day has many names, memorial day, armastice day, rememberance day, poppy day, but only one meaning, it was the only good part of any war..... the end.

Now with the approach of this day where we pay thanks to those who went before us, a lot of whome made the ultimate sacrifice in the name of freedom, I have to ask, how much more poignant or how different will this years event be.

It strikes me that in this time when half the world is ready to go to war again that maybe this years rememberance day should be used to not only remember and honour those who gave their all to defend us before, but also to pay thanks to those who are prepared to do so now, and to those who were not given a choice when the attacks on the WTC happened.

Just make sure that in these times of trouble now, we also remember those who went before and when called on did the same as those of today are doing now, they defended our right to freedom and liberty.

Beautiful sentiment!

Our celebration of these heroes, is our promise to never forget.

------------------

"Your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins."
Ronn_Bman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 12:51 PM   #6
Melusine
Dracolisk

Koth, you limey git, what the hell are you doing here??

Everybody, allow me to introduce
KOTHYWOTHYSNOOKIEOOKUMS

You're on OUR territory now, baby, aaaaaah how lovely to be able to call you that name here, where you can't punish us with your Glob-powers!
*runs away to crawl in hole where the evil forum tyrant can't find her*

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Melusine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 01:15 PM   #7
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Koth, you limey git, what the hell are you doing here??

Everybody, allow me to introduce
KOTHYWOTHYSNOOKIEOOKUMS

You're on OUR territory now, baby, aaaaaah how lovely to be able to call you that name here, where you can't punish us with your Glob-powers!
*runs away to crawl in hole where the evil forum tyrant can't find her*

My time will come Mel dont you worry
Old 10-25-2001, 02:27 PM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

*watches Mel hide and the Tyrant come out waving a fist* Oh Kothiewothiesnookiookums, she was just being friendly! *giggle*

You did do a very nice post. We just wanna make sure it gets bumped for everyone to see! ..ahem.. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Cloudbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 05:30 PM   #9
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

"Koth, You limey git." Well...that pretty much says it all.

Hi buddy. Welcome to IW. Glad to see you finally made it over. Awesome post BTW. Thanks for reminding us it doesn't have to be all bad.

------------------
"In Memorium of those who are gone, and all those that bought our freedom with their hearts blood!"

"May the Colors of Liberty never run"
Nachtrafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 06:28 PM   #10
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Fonzie Forum Tyrant of MH:

Excellent post Fonzie Forum Tyrant. Honor and respect should be given to all of those men and women who have bravely sacrificed for all of us. It is easy for many of us to sit at home and go about our peaceful day and not even think about those out there fighting for freedom, or remembering those who have gone before them. But the fact that we are living the free lives that we do is because of those same people.

------------------
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote