Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2001, 04:01 PM   #1
Gallant
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi all, after a few days of lurking time for my first post. And it's a question (what a surprise?)....

I've always enjoyed games where all characters (or the majority) are player created rather then pre-set (like Icewind Dale), so first time of playing I lost interest in BGII because I didn't feel the party was mine. Now I'm back and armed with ShadowKeeper I'm wondering how much can I change the NPC's and still allow the game plot line to run correctly. I don't want to create super-stat NPC's, but instead some cosmetic changes and a few class changes, oh and maybe change the sex of Minsc. Anyone have any advice on what can and can't be done to avoid plot or gameplay issues?

Thanks....
Old 07-16-2001, 04:06 PM   #2
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

You could just do a multiplayer game, and create all of your characters in your party. Though it sounds like you want party interactions as well....which i dont have a clue about.

------------------
Old 07-16-2001, 04:07 PM   #3
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Just make your own party and leave all NPC's as they are. Use S.K to adjust your party if so desired. Click Multiplayer game, then "create" all characters. I'd suggest 4 at most to leave you room for the NPC's that you need to take along in order to do their quests. Once you have started your multiplayer game save it and then copy the game from the multiplayer save folder over to the single player saves folder and then just carry on playing as a single player but controlling your own created party members.

Hope it helps dude.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 07-16-2001, 09:14 PM   #4
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

i turned edwin into a mage/cleric and i made imoen into a bounty hunter/mage. you can change anything in shadow keeper without effecting the out come(as far as i can tell)

------------------

Get The IronWorks Winamp skin
Slackerboys Custom Characters
Old 07-17-2001, 03:42 AM   #5
Gallant
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks all.... I'll go the SK route so I can try and maintain the party interaction.