Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-04-2001, 11:58 AM   #21
Bristowe
Elminster

Dammit! oh well, at least more people know now..heh

What is BGD?

------------------
Yes indeed...
Old 05-04-2001, 12:10 PM   #22
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

BGD is baldur's gate dungeon. A great site that had a forum like this one (powered by info-pop!) but it's shut down now.
Old 05-04-2001, 12:13 PM   #23
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

The tactic I like which is equally sly, is using your jester, cast invisibiilty on yourself and sing the jester's bard song (confuses enemies). U remain invisible cos u are not attacking (although it is a bit strange that they can hear a thief if he has a poor move silently skill, but they cannot hear a bard singing) and all your enemies will eventually succumb to confusion and kill each other.
Old 05-04-2001, 12:18 PM   #24
Bristowe
Elminster

Mmhm, you've just given me a reason to try using the jester kit, i never used a badr before EVER, not even during BGI... cool! heheheh

And yeah, it is pretty silly that they can't hear the bard's song...silly programmers...

------------------
Yes indeed...
Old 05-04-2001, 12:22 PM   #25
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
The tactic I like which is equally sly, is using your jester, cast invisibiilty on yourself and sing the jester's bard song (confuses enemies). U remain invisible cos u are not attacking (although it is a bit strange that they can hear a thief if he has a poor move silently skill, but they cannot hear a bard singing) and all your enemies will eventually succumb to confusion and kill each other.
Do you still get xp for confused monsters that kill each other then?

Old 05-04-2001, 12:28 PM   #26
Bristowe
Elminster

Mhmm, i don't know i you get xp if they kill each other, i do know however that viconia almost has 40 % of the kills in my party (ME-Ranger, Viconia, Edwin, and my own thief) sorry couldn't answer you Q's LordShield...

------------------
Yes indeed...
Old 05-07-2001, 01:40 PM   #27
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

seems a simialr tactic to an invisible cleric with turn undead.
Old 05-07-2001, 01:57 PM   #28
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

No if they kill each other then u don't get the experience, but then again u could just use this tactic to weaken them and then finish them off with a fireball or something and still get the XP.
Old 05-07-2001, 09:35 PM   #29
Desuma_Malevois

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
I've tried this before and, while it generally works, sometimes it takes a looooooong time to do any good (for example against trolls). In addition, beware of trying this against foes who can detect invisibility.