Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2001, 04:27 PM   #61
BladeMaster

Angel says to the Wounded Paladin that I am not bragging.

OCC

I have been playing this character for the past 15 years. Angel is her nickname her real is Tahl'lia or BladeMistress. I have been playing AD&D since i was 15 years old. This was the first character I started with. So yes I am friends with Amlaruil and Elminster.

------------------

Taste My Steel -Blademaster

Old 05-01-2001, 04:38 PM   #62
Tancred
White Dragon

Tancred nods as he pulls himself into a seat.
"Ah... I see. You... you should really get all that printed on a shirt, you know. I had one made by this Fael fellow down at Imnesvale."
The paladin searches through his pack, eventually unearthing a somewhat grubby shirt. The words 'I survived the Umar Hills dungeon and all I got was this lousy T-shirt' are still readable through the grime.
Eventually, the Potion with Ice arrives, and Tacred has a grateful swig. He perks up almost immediately.
"AH! That's more like it! Can't get a decent drink from here to Tethyr, you know. Place is a credit to..."
He tails off, a puzzled look on his face as he surveys the bar. He takes one deep sniff.
"I... (sniffs again) I can smell... Drow."
Old 05-01-2001, 04:50 PM   #63
BladeMaster

Angel says to Tancred The Drow Bitch went upstairs with Lord Raptor

------------------

Taste My Steel -Blademaster

Old 05-01-2001, 05:21 PM   #64
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

The bar door opens purposefully once again seemingly of it's own accord, this time without making a sound. The patrons look out through the open doorway in curiosity, and can see nothing throuth the dark and driving rain. After a moments pause, a figure dressed in a dark black homespun robe with a whipcord belt walks into view. His deep hood casts shadow on all of his features save for his eyes which were startlingly visible as they faintly glowed beneath his cowl. This dark figure paused momentarily in the doorway, his glowing eyes calmly surveying the room and missing nothing. The bars patrons stared in wonder at how the rain was pouring directly on this hooded enigma without apparently getting him wet whatsoever. The robed man then began to walk purposefully to the bar and proceeded to sit in the corner with the least amount of light in it. All of the patrons watched in silence as the figure slowly raised up his arms to pull the hood of his robe back. As the light pierced through the shadows previously concealing his features, they noticed what appeared to be a young man, normal in all outward appearances except for his eyes. While his features seemed ordinary for one of his apparent age, his eyes looked timeless.

"Bartender" he calmly calls, flagging down the harried looking barkeep.

"I'd like an ale" he states, looking directly into the barkeeps eyes.

Saying nothing, the bartender returns a moment later with an ale. The young mage leans back against the wall cooly surveying the room, taking his ease with his ale in his hands.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)
Old 05-01-2001, 06:14 PM   #65
Lord Shield

"Actually", says a mage to Tancred, "the chicken and the drow left a while ago. He leans back
The paladin doesn't sens any Bhaalian descent in this character and asks him why he's here
The paladin gulps as the mage whispers
"I come from Greyhawk via Spelljammer ship. I am a veteran of the Temple of Elemental Evil, the Slave Lords, the Demonweb Pits, and others. My colleagues are about too. We are 1st Edition PCs and proud of it - My magic personally killed Zuggtmoy, Llolth (she was pissed), Iuz and Vecna - we didn't bother poncing them through a portal - when one of these Bhaalians gives 'there can be only one' and becomes the new God of Murder - we'll do for him/her too"
Lord Shield apologises to Angel on behalf of Lord Raptor. "Apparently, he thought you were that blonker from the Buffy series - no offence intended apparently, hence the beer as way of apology"

Old 05-01-2001, 06:22 PM   #66
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Milambers gaze settles on Lord Shield as he whispers to Tancred, evaluating the mage and paladin. He cocks an eyebrow in interest as he hears of Lord Shields exploits, but appears otherwise unconcerned.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)
Old 05-01-2001, 06:37 PM   #67
Lord Shield

Exploits
1) Lord Shield originally came from Earth. He had been stabbed in the back
2) He possessed his evil counterpart in Mystara - Martial Artist meets Priest of Nyx - he was forever at odds for control until their split much later
3) He ended up as Emperor on Mystara
4) He ended up becoming a powerful lich (not evil though) and had to hide this fro mthose around him
5) He ended up betrothed to Nyx
6) He started "The Horde" - primary 8 members, others gathered. This was Mystara's answer to a Justice League
7) He ended up as the Dark God of Vigilantes - his sanity was recovered at the expense of his memories of his life which didn't recover for some time
8) He married Nyx. When Alphatia sunk, he replaced it with "The Black Continent" where Undead could live and not need to feed on the living
9) His home plane (Demi-plane of Shadows) became a full-sized plane and he developed a new breed of supernatural critter - the Darklings
etc.
2nd life wasn't as colourful. Was a paladin known later as 'The Golden Defender' - this time he became a God in the Sphere of Matter (not Entropy)
There's more, involving 7 others (including his brother - shudder!) but that's it for now

Old 05-01-2001, 06:59 PM   #68
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
"Actually", says a mage to Tancred, "the chicken and the drow left a while ago."
Tancred has been staring into space for some time after his realisation there had been a Drow in the bar; anyone watching him carefully would see a nervous tic on his face working overtime. Thankfully, the sudden conversation by the Bartender has pulled the Paladin from whatever flashbacks he was having. That, or the sudden mental image of a Chicken and a Drow...

A deft use of Detect Evil assures him that the face he sees is a borderline friendly one.

Quote:

"I come from Greyhawk via Spelljammer ship. I am a veteran of the Temple of Elemental Evil, the Slave Lords, the Demonweb Pits, and others. My colleagues are about too. We are 1st Edition PCs and proud of it - My magic personally killed Zuggtmoy, Llolth (she was pissed), Iuz and Vecna - we didn't bother poncing them through a portal - when one of these Bhaalians gives 'there can be only one' and becomes the new God of Murder - we'll do for him/her too"
Tancred absorbs all this, eyes widening, nodding slightly when the Children are mentioned. He takes a sip of his freshly arrived Holy Water and Lemon, wondering if perhaps he is a little out-of-place amongst these mighty, if not god-like characters. The golden sword at his side pipes up.
"Are you going to order me a drink, or do I have to start slicing heads?"

Tancred
Old 05-01-2001, 08:12 PM   #69
Lord Shield

Beside the sword appears a tankard of viking cide-oil, which the paladin rubs nto the sword, hearing a satisfying "mmm" noise come from it. For the next couple of hours, this sword will be drunk, but the paladin doesn't figure on getting in any scraps for a little while anyway
"Don't worry, lad" says an armoured figure. Your powers tell you this guy is also a paladin, ala BG2 with the Holy Avenger too. "I beat it without the Cloak of Mirrors, so I did - damn those beholders - had to flood the buggers with summonings from my mateys"
The mage, Netebbor, moves away into some shadows. Anybody following doesn't find him - but he's around - waiting for whoever wins ToB evilly

Old 05-02-2001, 12:23 AM   #70
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Poor draggor (nursing some injuries) looks on in awe at the god like figures ,having no idea of his true heritage yet for some reason not feeling totally out of place. He is too busy wondering who's this 'Sarevok' bloke he's heard about.
'Can I get another Black Dragon Ale over here'

------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to visit this board.