Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 10-20-2002, 12:20 PM   #1
Alson
Galvatron

Another update! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Naturally, not as massive as the last one.

• Mentioned Energy Blades getting the cheesy off-hand attack after all.
  • Mentioned (Improved) Haste doubling regeneration rates.
  • Mentioned equal regeneration rates stacking.
  • Revisited judgment on Harm.
  • Mentioned Time Stop's paralysis making attacks automatically successful.
  • Corrected and expanded the stacking of (Improved) Chaos Shields in triggers.
  • Added missing creature filenames and HD ratings.
  • Crushed another typo. My quest for perfection continues!
  • Mentioned Immunity to Conjuration protecting against those nasty insect spells.
  • Mentioned Mirror Image and Project Image being especially vulnerable to dispel.
  • Mentioned Spell Shield protecting against beholder anti-magic rays.
  • Various minor corrections and rewordings.
Plus, it's moved. Here. Should load much faster now.
Any feedback is welcomed. [img]smile.gif[/img]
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 12:42 PM   #2
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Yet again, I salute you Alson! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Well done!
DJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 12:51 PM   #3
Alson
Galvatron

Thanks, DJG!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Any other feedback? Suggestions? Additions?
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Old 10-20-2002, 04:21 PM   #4
Alson
Galvatron

Anybody?
Old 10-21-2002, 02:20 AM   #5
LennonCook
Jack Burton

I still think you should use the Staff of the Magi spelltrap over a memorised version; because it lasts longer, absorbs more spells, and doesn`t waste a potentially dangerous (to your opponents) spell slot, which could very well mean the difference between needing to recharge it again, and winning outright while still being able to go on to your next fight...
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 05:43 AM   #6
daan
Silver Dragon

The SotM-spell trap doesnt absorb more spells, it simply last longer when nobody is trying to dispell it somehow. Both the regular and the SotM-spell trap can absorb 30 spell-lvls.Further on, as Alson mentioned a few times allready, the memorized spell trap can be re-memorized during the recharging ... shooting spells at the SotM-spell trap, wont recharge that spell-trap. So the SotM-spell trap only allows for the tactic to work once per rest, while the other can go on forever.
Old 10-21-2002, 11:55 AM   #7
Alson
Galvatron

Thank you, Daan. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Technically, there IS a way to rechagre the Staff's Spell Trap - but the random factor of it makes it, IMO, less useful.
Old 10-23-2002, 09:26 PM   #8
pook
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have really learned a lot from your site. Of course, being new to BG and new to AD&D at the same time, there's a lot to learn though that's not to take anything away from your stuff.

However, in trying out some of your suggestions, I find in improved haste that I simply don't know what you are saying.

"This spell has a "power" of only 3, meaning it knocks only three levels off (Minor) Spell Deflection or Turning. This may have been BioWare's intention, since you now cannot destroy a Minor Spell Turning by bouncing one of these off it."

I know you are listing it as a bug, but what it means is beyond me. Do you mean to say that if you use one after the other, then...or what?

Since you are an expert in contrast to me, I wanted to let you know that this was the only thing on your site that I have found so far, that I didn't know what you meant. (Besides, I still want to know what you mean. [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Job well done mate!

pook
pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 09:28 PM   #9
pook
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oh yes, I forgot. How do you "technically" update the SOM spell trap?

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Pook
pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 03:59 PM   #10
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by pook:
I have really learned a lot from your site. Of course, being new to BG and new to AD&D at the same time, there's a lot to learn though that's not to take anything away from your stuff.

However, in trying out some of your suggestions, I find in improved haste that I simply don't know what you are saying.

"This spell has a "power" of only 3, meaning it knocks only three levels off (Minor) Spell Deflection or Turning. This may have been BioWare's intention, since you now cannot destroy a Minor Spell Turning by bouncing one of these off it."

I know you are listing it as a bug, but what it means is beyond me. Do you mean to say that if you use one after the other, then...or what?
"Power" means the level the spell is considered by the Game Engine.
Almost all of the spells are correctly implemented - their "Power" is indeed equal to their level.
In some cases, like Improved Haste (which is a level 6 spell, but has a "Power" level of 3) or Remove Curse (which is a level 4 spell, but has a "Power" level of 3), there was an error in implementing the spell. BioWare were too lazy, i suppose, so they just "Copy&Pasted" spells instead of creating new ones.
This doesn't matter much - but, for example, when trying to soak back a level 6 spells with a Spell Trap, don't use Improved Haste - it won't work. (It WILL recharge a level 3 spell, though [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Quote:
Since you are an expert in contrast to me, I wanted to let you know that this was the only thing on your site that I have found so far, that I didn't know what you meant. (Besides, I still want to know what you mean. [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Job well done mate!
Thank man, both for the compliment and the feedback! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-24-2002, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: Alson ]