Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-11-2000, 10:34 PM   #1
Ziroc

Ok, now that we're getting like 10,000 hits a day, and 20+ new members join this forum a day now,
I was thinking about switching over to the #1 forum software called "Ultimate Bulliten Board". I have it installed now, and tweaking it a bit... you can do A LOT more with it as well, such as quote, attach messages, and tons of other options.

But EVERYONE would have to re-register, thats the sucky thing about it. I wanted to ask you if you'd be
wanting to change over or keep this software? Its up to you guys!!

We could even 'grandfather' the new software in, where this would still be active for a while, until everyone is on the new forum..

just reply to this message, and let us know..

Dan Huling
Ironworks Gaming

Old 10-11-2000, 10:57 PM   #2
MrCreosote

This board works fine, which is why I use it. It has easy to use search facilites and is presented well. Why fix it if it aint broken ?

Old 10-11-2000, 11:03 PM   #3
BlackFiend

I kinda like these boards... but I'd be willing to change over if it's easier for you, or cheaper etc.

The only consideration would be: how much information are you going to lose? There is quite a bit of valuable info here already. Erasing it wouldn't be good.

Old 10-11-2000, 11:08 PM   #4
tritone

Hi - I joined this board just 2 days ago . The Ultimate Bulletin Board is a very powerful forum board, and I won't mind a switch. However, I must say that the current UltraBoard here is very adequate, and has most of the key features needed in a good board. I'm fine either way!

While I'm here - thanks to everyone for all the information!

Old 10-11-2000, 11:14 PM   #5
Ziroc

Thanks for the replies,
You can post images here, but you can't attach them (You need to type a url to a website where the pic is).
I personally really like this board too, but the only real thing that I think would help with using UBB is adding the options I described, and on my end, I can compact messages, and member utils are much better..

I'm probably not going to anyway.. just an Idea.. like you said, we'd loose WAY to many good posts! I wish there was a way to convert everything from this board to UBB ..

If I did change over, it wouldn't be until the forum dies down a bit... (like March or something)

but again, its up to you guys, majority rules! hehe