Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-12-2002, 06:11 PM   #11
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Well cats never piddle where they get to eat, feed her snacks where she piddled, she shouldn't do it again there. But of course that means she may pick someplace else...

Reality Show Recaps
Old 09-12-2002, 06:13 PM   #12
Lox
Manshoon

LMAO when I saw the subject line

Sorry for your misfortune. Just put her face in it. Worked with my dog.
Old 09-12-2002, 06:18 PM   #13
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Bad Tuppence, BAD BAD Tuppence .

OK, after that, what else could you do? The 5 most promisimg ideas I could come up with are :

1) Move house
2) If you can't beat them, join them (the great unwashed set that is) - turn hippy and form a commune
3) Shift the computer to your bed room, and board up the ole computer room
4) Take Tuppence to one of your Arts classes to demonstrate how civilised cats behaved over the centuries.
5) The low capital intensity solution - nose pegs [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful Miss Aelia maam - as you know, I gots me no experience with cats or little uns [img]smile.gif[/img] .
All promising suggestions [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img] ... few problems but, uh... moving house would involve her coming too ya know, she's not like curtains that come with the house . And well, I'll let the little arts jab go through to the keeper [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] . At least you didn't suggest taking her into to my arts classes to paint her like my brother's IT friends would say
Old 09-12-2002, 06:20 PM   #14
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

That would be a great excuse to futher my hippy training Davros, not sure what level I am right now but gainig one more is no problem (sorry Aelia.)
Old 09-12-2002, 06:27 PM   #15
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Does tomato juice stain? I don't think there's been anything new happening here, no extra visitors or schedule upsets or anything [img]graemlins/confused2.gif[/img]
Not carpeting. Just rub it in good, wait a bit, then blot it up with paper towels. Then, do the same with the white vinegar. Oh, Galadria says, baking soda helps, but I have no experience with it. She also says that I didn't "make" her do anything, she merely accepted my suggestion.
Old 09-12-2002, 06:28 PM   #16
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Well we Engineers have always had a better grasp of the arts than our IT bretheren .

With myself being somewhat unwise (at the very least, unlearned) in the ways of our feline friends, perhaps you could help me answer a question? When precisely is a kitten considered a cat? Do they have a "coming of age"? Is a kitten still a kitten after 2 years ?

Oh dear - it's that time of day again - time for all good engineers to grab up their mobile phones and laptop compters and head to work - TGIF [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 09-12-2002, 06:33 PM   #17
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Lox:

Sorry for your misfortune. Just put her face in it. Worked with my dog.
I'm puzzled how this would achieve anything. Unless I actually caught her in the act she wouldn't remember going there anyway, so wouldn't understand why she was being punished. Plus she went about three times, I assume because the smell made her think it was a toilet, surely rubbing her nose in it would just encourage her to think that? Seems unnecessarily cruel for no real outcome to me *shrugs*

Thanks Attalus, I'll tell my mum about the juice/vinegar thing [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2002, 06:37 PM   #18
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Well we Engineers have always had a better grasp of the arts than our IT bretheren .

With myself being somewhat unwise (at the very least, unlearned) in the ways of our feline friends, perhaps you could help me answer a question? When precisely is a kitten considered a cat? Do they have a "coming of age"? Is a kitten still a kitten after 2 years ?

Oh dear - it's that time of day again - time for all good engineers to grab up their mobile phones and laptop compters and head to work - TGIF [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Well she was about 5 months when she started calling for one of the friendly neighbourhood tomcats to come and um, make a woman out of her [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] . Luckily she had a silly little kitten squeak so none came . We hustled her off quickly to get fixed

She's certainly an adult by 2. Probably sometime at the end of the first year they're not really kittens anymore [img]smile.gif[/img]

TGIF? *scratches head*
Old 09-12-2002, 06:49 PM   #19
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Thank God It's Friday. Oh, Lord, that looks like Binky typed it.
Old 09-12-2002, 06:56 PM   #20
Moni

There is also a product you can buy at most Pet Stores called "No-Go" that you can spray on things you don't want kitty piddle on but you have to face the risk of her finding another place to piddle which is what our William did.
Catching him in or about to commit the act and letting loose with a water gun seems to have cured him of that bad habit but that method can also be emotionally traumatic on poor animals who are just doing what nature is telling them to do.

The one kitten we took in who never got the concept of the litter-box as a permanent place to go if she was too lazy to go outside now lives outside...at someone else's house. She was still under 8 weeks old when we gave her away after cleaning the sofa, the dining room chairs, the dining room floor and the fireplace on a daily basis for what felt like years LOL.

I hope the juice and vinegar thing works! We have no carpet here, just satillo tile and I know the fix for that...just clean the area with bleach and soapy water and wipe straight bleach over "the spot". Boo and Sweety Pie learned real fast, those places were not somewhere they ever wanted to do their business again and they chose (like all the others) to go outside. Thank goodness too because with ten cats in and out of the house, you's need 5 litterboxes that you'd have to change every day...As it is, we have one litter box that only gets used when it rains by those who were smart enough to come in out of the rain to begin with lol.