Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-12-2001, 06:25 AM   #11
Melusine
Dracolisk

Epona, I feel so bad for you! I think your doctor was very wise and kind to give this the attention it so obviously needs!
I can still remember my previous GP, I had been suffering different kinds of headaches and migraine for 5 years and all he could think of was ask me stupid questions like: "How are you doing at school" and "Do you have a boyfriend"
My new GP reacted the same as yours, asked a million questions and took it seriously because, as in your case, I am way to young to have symptoms like these (walking the stairs may be challenging for a 90-year-old, but shouldn't be so for us!) I hope we'll both get better soon!

------------------
Melusine

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 03-12-2001, 06:28 AM   #12
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Just stopped by to say that I sympathize with you, Epona.

I have not been in a situation like yours myself, but I think that I have sufficient empathy in me to at least be able to imagine that the uncertainty of it must be very hard to bear and that you probably have to battle a mix of strong and dangerous sentiments like frustration, fear, self-pity, anger and desperation. From my own experience, in other areas, I know only too well, that sometimes the worrying itself can become more strenuous, troubling and emotionally draining than the problem itself.

But I do think that you might be underestimating the potential for a at least bearable outcome: that the tests result in a clear diagnosis of a treatable and curable and rather minor health problem. Wouldn't alone being able to name and identify the "enemy" be a good sign ? And to be able to actually do something about it instead of just having to wait and worry your head off ? I know, that is easy for me to say, but still ...

I found it also very encouraging what you wrote about your physician: that she is very thorough and takes her time with her patients. That is very important and really enhances your chances of being diagnosed and treated swiftly and efficiently. See, I actually do think that women are capable of more than knitting and embroidering !

Finally, in a situation like yours, why shouldn't you go after a little sympathy, after all we all need it from time to time.

Unfortunately, I cannot offer you any further assistance, besides encouraging words and, if you like, from time to time one of my lame and silly banters and jokes.

Good luck, take care and I wish you the very best !

------------------
So long !

R³ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts

[This message has been edited by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon (edited 03-12-2001).]
Old 03-12-2001, 11:09 AM   #13
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Epona, have you seen that "Bruce the Aussie", has posted a thread on the disease you, Melusine and he might all be suffering from ? It is here

------------------
So long !

R³ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts

[This message has been edited by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon (edited 03-12-2001).]
Old 03-12-2001, 11:16 AM   #14
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Good Luck, Epona. You are in my prayers as well.

BK
Old 03-12-2001, 01:34 PM   #15
Moiraine
Anubis

I already have posted that in another thread, but Epona, Melusine, I cross my fingers and toes for you, I know how you feel, I always am so scared every time I am ill that my doctor would just find something awful, even if my reason tells me first that problems must be faced, not fled, otherwise they have a tendancy to get worse, and second that a lot of illnesses actually CAN be cured and the doctor is just there to do that, to help. Besides, I strongly think that positive thoughts actually help the healing process - the mind is a very powerful tool.
I am also a 'no apparent vein' kind of person - when I was pregnant, I had my blood tested once per week, and every time they made a lot of holes in my arms, so I was fearing that a cop would arrest me, with all these holes, I couldn't have persuaded him that I was not on drugs !
Take care, both of you, and receive all my affection for you, if that may help.

------------------