Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2001, 06:47 PM   #1
hailitho
The Magister

Ok I need help again... Im in de'arnise keep... and there are 5 hulks in this room. What do I do? I barely survived the spirit troll in the room before and this is with the easiest difficulty, I dont think Im very good at this game.

I have all my magic users ( I have 4) have all the heal spells they can mem but still I am running out of heal potions ... Am I suppose to go all the way back to town then come back? Arggg... I didnt know I was gonna need to plan so well. That doesnt sound like fun... coz then I need to go thru the dungeon again.
Old 05-12-2001, 06:49 PM   #2
ogopogo
Manshoon

I had same problem but there is a way. Look at your mage spells. One works very well.
SPOILER
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
Cloudkill into the room then close door. Wroks like a charm.
Old 05-12-2001, 06:52 PM   #3
onthepequod
Quintesson

Minor Spoiler
AOE spells work well. I used stinking cloud and rendered all of them unconscious. Then I just picked them off from a distance with fireball, magic missle, arrows, etc..

Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by onthepequod (edited 05-12-2001).]
Old 05-12-2001, 07:01 PM   #4
hailitho
The Magister

ogopogo-- That doesnt work. The spell takes too long to cast. So she gets interupted. So I cant cast the spell nor can I close the door if that happens.
Old 05-12-2001, 07:05 PM   #5
ogopogo
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by hailitho:
ogopogo-- That doesnt work. The spell takes too long to cast. So she gets interupted. So I cant cast the spell nor can I close the door if that happens.
The way I did it was to have one character open the door while my mage cast the spell. As soon as the spell is cast have a different character close the door. Timing is essential but it worked for me.
Old 05-12-2001, 07:12 PM   #6
Elhardo
The Magister

you dont actually need to fight them....
In the courtyard there are 4 dogs that turn hostile...Kill them and take the meat off their corpses, then use them on the stove in the ground floor on the Keep, ( near the functioning stairs )
This makes a dog stew...
When you get to the room with Umber Hulks, either cast improved invisibily on a character, or hide from shadows, then walk through ( with the rest of the team hidden behid the door, so the Hulks dont attack...Through the room with the Hulks there should be a corridor going left, reach the end of that and you'll find a tunnel they dug in through, place the Stew in the ground (it will hack an iventory box like a shelf) Then get your man out and close the doors.....You'll understand it when you get there....
Otherwise, it's easy to kill them by letting 1 or 2 through then closing the door behind them...Then you only need to kill a couple at a time...
Old 05-12-2001, 07:16 PM   #7
ogopogo
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Elhardo:
you dont actually need to fight them....
In the courtyard there are 4 dogs that turn hostile...Kill them and take the meat off their corpses, then use them on the stove in the ground floor on the Keep, ( near the functioning stairs )
This makes a dog stew...
When you get to the room with Umber Hulks, either cast improved invisibily on a character, or hide from shadows, then walk through ( with the rest of the team hidden behid the door, so the Hulks dont attack...Through the room with the Hulks there should be a corridor going left, reach the end of that and you'll find a tunnel they dug in through, place the Stew in the ground (it will hack an iventory box like a shelf) Then get your man out and close the doors.....You'll understand it when you get there....
Otherwise, it's easy to kill them by letting 1 or 2 through then closing the door behind them...Then you only need to kill a couple at a time...
Yes you are right that is the best way. I forgot about that.
Old 05-12-2001, 07:38 PM   #8
hailitho
The Magister

Do you mean to the left door? if I do that I become non shadowed and they cast confusion on me and I become non able to use that character. I have the stew atm.
Old 05-12-2001, 07:47 PM   #9
hailitho
The Magister

Ok cool just found the hole, thanks a lot.
Old 05-13-2001, 12:30 AM   #10
Pennance
The Magister

If you use Improved Invisibility you can take the stew into the spot where the dog bones are. I used Yoshimo so that he could lay "Most Devious of Traps for the Careless of Foot". Then, at my convienience, I would go in and fireball/cloudkill the crap outta them and close the door. Repeat as needed. Umberhulks? HA, I scoff in your general direction.