Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2006, 11:29 AM   #1
vesselle
Hathor

yes! i reinstalled bg/tosc/baldurdash after all these years. but i'm having a problem with using raise dead scrolls and the temple raise dead spell.

i select the scroll, use it, then put the cursor on my dead teammate's face in the main game window. the cursor becomes greyed out. i tried using it on the pile of stuff left on the ground by my dead teammate and it doesn't work either. when i go to the temple to have a priest use his raise dead ability, the same thing happens.

what am i overlooking?

thanks for your help.

V***V

oh yeah, if there's a way to do it with swordcoast keeper, i also have a copy of that... altho you'd have to be pretty specific with it. about all i really know how to do with it is to give a character some extra arrows when she gets in a bind.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:41 PM   #2
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Is your dead character an elf? I remember something about elfs being "immune" to raise dead though I'm not sure if and how it was implemented in the game.
I vaguely recall though raising Xan, not really sure though, so I suppose it might not be the case.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:06 PM   #3
vesselle
Hathor

it's minsc, xan and kivan.

/oopsie
left out khalid by accident.i forgot i kicked his dead body out of the party to take in kivan.

V***V

[ 02-27-2006, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: vesselle ]
Old 02-27-2006, 05:14 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Actually, Raise Dead scrolls are not yet implemented in BG1--they're being restored by Unfinished Business. So either they were added in a mod that you have installed, or you CLUAd them in or something, so either way, you were trying to use an item that evidently hasn't been bugtested.

Because reading the Raise Dead scroll, and then aiming the "Cast Spell Here" pointer at the portrait of the party member you wish to Raise, is definitely how the spell works. (Aiming it at the pile of gear does nothing.)
Old 02-27-2006, 11:12 PM   #5
vesselle
Hathor

yeah, i know that's how it works, but, just a reminder, it's not working in my current game. i SwordCoastKeeper'ed the scrolls in to test and see if they'd work. they do the same thing. i've also discovered that both temples carry the exact same inventory. when you buy/sell something, both reflect that transaction.

anyway, i've left a lot of dead bodies behind me because the temple raise dead spell isn't working.

V***V
Old 03-01-2006, 08:28 PM   #6
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

I can understand Raise Dead not working on Xan because he is a full elf, but Khalid is only half-elf and Minsc is human. There must be some weird bug going on here.

One way to resolve this is to create a new spell with Near Infinity or DLTCEP that has the "raise dead" effect. Since it isn't the "Raise Dead" spell it should work on an elf.

Another way to to use Near Infinity to change the characters flags away from STATE_DEAD to STATE_NORMAL and give them at least 1 hit point.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:27 AM   #7
vesselle
Hathor

i changed their state flags, but using swordcoastkeeper. then i gave each of them 10 hitpoints and saved. when i loaded the edited save they were still greyed out with 10 hitpoints.

i've since just left them behind and started collecting other npc's, but i love boo. that means i need minsc. i really don't want to do without kivan, either. *sighs*

well, at worst, i'll just go back to an earlier save and redo everything i've done since then. but if there are any other ideas, i'm willing to try them.

thanks!

V***V
Old 03-02-2006, 03:44 PM   #8
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

E-mail me your saved game file and I'll edit the currently-dead characters back to life...along with any other changes you might want for them. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 07:52 PM   #9
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

The "Elves can't be raised by a raise dead spell" wasn't implemented in BG. Only Icewind Dale.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote