Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-15-2004, 10:07 PM   #1
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Ted Rall :Who the hell does this racist chump think he is!? For anyone who doesn't know, he's the one who called Ms. Rice a "house ni**er", Colin Powell a "lying house ni**er" as well Pat Tillman an "idiot". I couldn't find a news article showing the cartoon, so here's a blogger with a pic of the cartoon. Read also what he said about Pat Tillman (pro footballer-Army Ranger). While you don't have to agree what he fought for or even his views, at least have the common decency to respect the sacrifice of those in the military, as well as not insult minority members of the government in terms that any deent person would object to.
That's my $.02 anyway.
http://mhking.mu.nu/archives/034714.php (Rice)

http://www.houseofplum.com/gallery/tr040503.gif (Tillman)
( Edited for link and readability)

Please don't use that word, I know you are reporting on a story on what someone said, but ugh, I HATE that word.

[ 12-17-2004, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]
Old 12-16-2004, 12:09 AM   #2
wellard
Dracolisk

This sort of racial crap annoys the hell out of me also Sir Degrader. But to me the idiot seems to be a cartoon liberal soley for the purpose of giving the right wing something to whinge about. The guy is just too unsubtle and childish IMO. Though I have not heard of the guy before I would not be suprised to find that he is actually extremely right wing.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 12-16-2004, 12:17 AM   #3
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
Though I have not heard of the guy before I would not be suprised to find that he is actually extremely right wing.
Indeed, such bigotry seems to infest the far right.

Even in the military, one sees a casual intolerance of all that is not heterosexual WASP.

My friends and I tend to meet this attitude with cold contempt; it seems the best course of action, as any impassioned address will only stir up more of the same.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:04 PM   #4
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

What a minute so a left winger can't be racist, only a left winger?
Old 12-16-2004, 09:57 PM   #5
DBear
Drow Warrior

Forget it Degrader, they're programmed.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:33 PM   #6
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by DBear:
Forget it Degrader, they're programmed.
Must be me we're chatting about [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Sorry about delaying this response; I've been in finals all day (from 0730 until ten minutes ago, with lunch & dinner breaks (that I studied through)). Should've realized I'd piss someone off with that one ...

I offered that view of the far right, and of the U.S. military, as a member of it. I've never before seen such open bigotry, racism, sexism, and -- of course -- homophobia. I can count on two hands the number of people that I know (these were the friends I mentioned) who are not openly intolerant of one thing or another.

I'd certainly no intention of being exclusive here: The left, I'm sure, is loaded with intolerance of its own flavor. I'm just not in a position to observe it personally.

And I am not programmed, DBear [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2004, 01:24 AM   #7
Dirty Meg
Baaz Draconian

aleph, what's a WASP?
Old 12-17-2004, 05:04 AM   #8
Lucern
Quintesson

Traditionally: White Anglo-Saxon Protestant
Old 12-17-2004, 07:03 AM   #9
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I find racism much more prevelant in the US. I've been to many states and it's just right in your face. Go to the restaurants and see the bus boys (black). Go to Mcdonalds and see the workers (black). Then look at the managers (White). It's shocking! I don't even think about that sort of thing here.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:09 AM   #10
Thoran
Galvatron

Isn't that guy the Super-Liberal reporter from Wisconsin or somewhere who because of his 'bona-fide' leftist credentials feels he can be as bigoted as he wants?... cause he 'supports' black people who tow the party line!

In my experience you see racism on both fringes of the aisle... lefties are just as quick to attack someone who "doesn't tow the line". Condi and Powell are seen as traitors to their "color" by the left.

If that isn't racist what is... expecting every Black person to fit into a neat little box that can be counted on for a 'D' vote... and when the have the nerve to express an opinion of their own they're called the worst sort of racial epithets.