Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-01-2004, 02:43 PM   #11
Raumiel Hellilenda
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I would throw it out the window. Considering that I live on the third floor and my school lessons take place on the fifth floor most of the time, it would be quite a drop. I did threaten my computer with that out loud once.
Old 11-01-2004, 02:47 PM   #12
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Heh... well.. me and my friends decided to do something similar to the destruction you have described. It was cleanup week; a bi-annually event where each household would go through all the trash in their house and leave unwanted things on their front lawns. People would run around and go through old junk (one man's junk is another man's treasure sort of deal). Me and my mates rounded up old computers, a VCR player, a fan, and several old tv screens and computer monitors. We then proceeded to throw them off of a 2nd storey carpark. The destruction of things exploding was absolutely delightful.

Delightful until we got caught by the police and were each fined $375 for "aggrivated littering". Hrmm... seems like I've been fined for waaay too many things. Gotta start learning how NOT to get caught
Old 11-01-2004, 03:17 PM   #13
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Actually, Sacrifice, the game, had a competition a few years back before it was released. People were supposed to think up a way to sacrifice his/her computer, and the dude with the best sacrifice idea won an Alienware monster(was a monster back then), and the first and second runnerups got Sacrifice games premium packages. I was 5th. Grr!!!
Anyway, my idea was throwing off the PC from a helicopter tied with very thin metal strands so that the strands would cut it in peices before melting in the lava of the Volcano beneath, and it would have been a sacrifice to Kossuth(yes, the one). Too bad I was only 5th...
Old 11-01-2004, 04:46 PM   #14
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Not really. I have thought about bringing it flowers occasionally, but i keep ending up feeding them to my neighbour's pony.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:53 PM   #15
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Sad

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
Actually, Sacrifice, the game, had a competition a few years back before it was released. People were supposed to think up a way to sacrifice his/her computer, and the dude with the best sacrifice idea won an Alienware monster(was a monster back then), and the first and second runnerups got Sacrifice games premium packages. I was 5th. Grr!!!
Anyway, my idea was throwing off the PC from a helicopter tied with very thin metal strands so that the strands would cut it in peices before melting in the lava of the Volcano beneath, and it would have been a sacrifice to Kossuth(yes, the one). Too bad I was only 5th...
What had the guy who won in store for his PC?
Old 11-01-2004, 04:54 PM   #16
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

lol, some nice stories...
Well if I ever came across a problem that I couldnt fix (doesnt happen very often [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) I would to to me good computer what me, Intrepid and a few other friends did at my house a wwhile ago...
Get an old Pentium 90, spray with a crap load of CRC and everything else that is flamible and spray it for a while, then...well..LIGHT IT UP!!!
It was great the fire lasted longer than expected and Intrepid got to take home my disk drive which is now black and well....not working..
Old 11-01-2004, 04:57 PM   #17
Sigmar
Unicorn

Mad

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Not really. I have thought about bringing it flowers occasionally, but i keep ending up feeding them to my neighbour's pony.
*reads it once*
*reads it twice*

ROFLMAO!

Good ideas from everyone thus far, I'm glad over people share my desire to hurl them from great heights...

but dropping it into a volcano... now that;s inspired!
Old 11-01-2004, 06:05 PM   #18
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
[.....] and Intrepid got to take home my disk drive which is now black and well....not working..
I'm sure if i rewired the power supply cables it would work ok, and removed the front so you can put a disc in it..... actually it's still full of crc, smells of burnt, and got completly wet.... maybe i washed it.
Well now... that's a challange, i'll try to get it working.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:08 PM   #19
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Intrepid:
quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
[.....] and Intrepid got to take home my disk drive which is now black and well....not working..
I'm sure if i rewired the power supply cables it would work ok, and removed the front so you can put a disc in it..... actually it's still full of crc, smells of burnt, and got completly wet.... maybe i washed it.
Well now... that's a challange, i'll try to get it working.
[/QUOTE]lol, do keep me updated.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:31 PM   #20
Nightcloak
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oh yes, of the many things go on in my twisted, dark mind - I have witheld the feelings of pain that my computer has caused me.

After installing a brand spanking new, graphics card, I am sad to find that everytime I start up my computer, the main fan located on the card, scrapes against a metal piece that makes up my ethernet hardware. It takes either five minutes or a good smack for it to cease.

DO YOU KNOW HOW ANNOYING THAT IS? 0.o