Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2000, 09:36 AM   #1
burtrito

I was just wondering what/where is the easeist place to gain exp in IWD?
I'm curently in the Vale of Shadows and i thought that monsters respawn? Was I wrong or is it in certain places only?

Any help/hints would be appreciated! =)
Old 08-19-2000, 02:33 PM   #2
slag-king

Hmm, that's a subjective answer. IMHO, the easiest is the Easthaven and the Orcish consortium takeover of the Merchant Guild

Yes, in the Vale of Shadows certain monsters respawn...the Lesser Shadows are always in the same place between the last crypt and the 5th crypt. If you rest, you can spawn the Yetis. Yetis are worth 300 xp and the Lesser Shadow is either 200 or 300. Not bad at the beginning. If you're in level 7 or more, then they are worthless, easy to kill, and worth not a spit for xp.

The game does get progressively more challenging and the rewards are exceptional!

Hope this answers your question.
Old 08-20-2000, 04:14 PM   #3
G.W.

Later on you will find cold wights when you rest in Dragons Eye. They give you 1500 exp and are easy as goblin pie. I would say unless you are having trouble getting past a certain point, don't rest for exp until you get to the cold wights.
Old 08-21-2000, 01:20 PM   #4
Tathlum

The way I have gotten my PC's up in levels is this. Once they get enough EXP to to be up to about 3rd or 4th and have some nifty stuff (low AC and magic weapons). I start all over again with just one at a time all the exp you gain goes to one character and it adds up quickly. In easthaven you can go up a level if you do it with just one PC, there is about 6000 exp to be had there.
With the exp cap removed I have a Paladin thats up to 12th level. I recently started him in a new game going to see if he can do the whole thing alone or not.
Old 08-24-2000, 10:10 AM   #5
fullmonty27

Definitely, those cold wights are a gift. They have around 12 hp, and give 1500exp each, and they come in easy-to-use groups of 6-10! What fun!