Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-25-2001, 10:12 PM   #1
chinese noodle
Manshoon

recently i stopped cheating, so i started again without cheats, now i want to know whether i should use my VERY good fighter mage that has used some cheats (ie the thing at the beginning of the game that make your stats all 18, but i dropped them down a bit) or whether i should start a new game entirely with a conjurer, now those are my only two choices so dont try to sway me into trying a sorceror or kensai etc.

this is basically a question of ethics and about how good conjurers are if anyone knows (i liked them in bg1)
Old 11-26-2001, 01:42 AM   #2
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

1.- I dont like cheating
2.- I love mages (specially sorcerors and conjurers)

So my choice is clear [img]smile.gif[/img] . I think it will be more challenging and fun to play the conjurer.
Old 11-26-2001, 04:34 AM   #3
LennonCook
Jack Burton

A fighter/mage has access to more weapons and spells, but a conjurer levels up faster and has one extra spell of each level...
A conjurer can cast identify, a fighter mage can...
Fighter/Mage has more hit points... but 2 prime requisits to get as high as possible....
So they both have their pros and cons- it depends on how u want to play...
If u want to have a conjurer though, and u decide on a fighter/mage theres always Edwin,
Or u could run 2 games at once
Old 11-26-2001, 07:24 AM   #4
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

Choose a conjurer!! As much as I liked my conjurer in BG1, I really liked when I transfered him to Bg2. There are just so many neat spells for a conjurer to have. The only thing you miss are the divination spells, which can be taken care of with another mage (Imoen, Nalia etc..)
Old 11-26-2001, 02:30 PM   #5
Nifft the Nimble

Are you going to play a GOOD character or an EVIL character? There's already an excellent evil Conjurer in the game, so if you're planning on being evil, go with the Fighter/Mage.

If you're planning on being a goody-goody, a Conjurer is an excellent choice.

-- Nifft
Old 11-26-2001, 03:15 PM   #6
perk31
Manshoon

If you are planning on going solo I would use the fighter/mage since it gives you more options and a stronger character. In a party that wouldn't be a concern.
Old 11-26-2001, 05:25 PM   #7
Russ
Manshoon

Play the conjurer. Make him up from scratch. Use the first ability score roll the computer gives you.

I mean, if you're going to stop cheating, you may as well go all the way, and focus on the roleplaying... you'll get a richer game out of it, too.
Old 11-26-2001, 05:52 PM   #8
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Multiclasses really arnt great I think you should go for the conjurer, as for no Identification? pick up the glasses of identification
Old 11-26-2001, 10:08 PM   #9
chinese noodle
Manshoon

by the way, im starting bg1 all over again and im gonna take thius character thru bg1, totsc, soa, and tob

BIG CHOICE...
Old 11-27-2001, 12:35 AM   #10
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

i say fighter/mage, but im biased since thats what i made my Sephiroth character out to be. you dont get the really high-end spells til the end of the game, true, but you can combine them with the ToB feats to create a super fighter! ten critical hits in a round when the enemy cant even fight back is impressive, indeed!