Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 04-10-2001, 11:00 AM   #1
Magick_Mike
Dungeon Master

I dont know what the plot of ToB will be, but wouldnt it be awsome if instead of "Save the elf city" or "Go reclaim your soul" it was, "Hunt down and destroy all of bhaal's other offspring to prevent him from returning to the mortal world?"

Before i got BGII i was praying thats what the plot would be , but alas *sigh* it wasnt.
Old 04-10-2001, 11:46 AM   #2
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

That would be a very cool plot line! It would be a pleasure to kill Imoen and is there any chance that Nalia, Anomen, or Aerie are also childern of Bhaal?

------------------

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear ignorant,
than open it and remove all doubt!
Old 04-10-2001, 12:00 PM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I'm looking forward to all the cool new monsters they're going to have. We're talking very unrealistic PnP monsters, but cool nonetheless. Solars, for one, will be there - they're more powerful than balors.

------------------
Old 04-10-2001, 04:14 PM   #4
Vernon_Boyd
Elite Waterdeep Guard

As long as it has NPC's Icewind dale doesnt does it. I NEED MINSC AND BOO!!!

I want a second option on the lightning wand. The lightning spellis too likely to hit you as well. I haven't used them since my 1st 1 in BG1. More kits for mages instead of just schools and more kits all round. I love the skald and the Barbarian.(esp half orc.)
Old 04-10-2001, 04:34 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I almost never use any attack spell that can likewise damage me. It is not worth it, in my opinion.

------------------

Larry, Sell-Sword to the OHF
Old 04-10-2001, 04:47 PM   #6
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Vernon_Boyd:
As long as it has NPC's Icewind dale doesnt does it. I NEED MINSC AND BOO!!!

I want a second option on the lightning wand. The lightning spellis too likely to hit you as well. I haven't used them since my 1st 1 in BG1. More kits for mages instead of just schools and more kits all round. I love the skald and the Barbarian.(esp half orc.)

I think the lightning wand and the spell have their place. The wand is cool because of casting time and the creatures you shoot at have to save versus wans instead of spell. It also does an incredible amount of damage if used properly. If there are a bunch of bad guys crowded together, just shoot it at the right angle, and it can hit each of them 2 or three times. you just have to be careful. Also, even if my mage does get hit, i think it is worth a little damage to him to inflict that much on that many opponents.

------------------
Tremble and despair, for I am power! All here are now judged, and are found wanting.
Old 04-10-2001, 04:47 PM   #7
Lord Shield

I agree. Lightning bolts are pants. Even if you don't hit yourself, I once zotted the Shadow Dragon. The lightning bolt vwipped around the room and killed Aerie (already slightly wounded). Minsc went berserk on Imoen. The dragon died bu I lost two PCs - bo****ks to lightning

Old 04-10-2001, 05:53 PM   #8
Tom
Elminster

What are you talking about? Nalias father was killed by trolls. And remember the saerk mission... you met anomens father
Old 04-10-2001, 06:10 PM   #9
Tancred
White Dragon

I dunno... having the plot based around hunting down the rest of Bhaal's children would be rather nasty. From the point of a good character, it's either murder of a so-far innocent person (isn't that Galvarey's idea?) or it's a re-run of the plot of Baldur's Gate with different scenery, except without the cool finding-out-who-you-are bit.

Tancred
Old 04-10-2001, 06:14 PM   #10
Magick_Mike
Dungeon Master

Well on the other hand tancred he would kill them all to prevent the world and all its inhabitants from being murdered, or worse.

Then to make up for the evil he could martyr himself, or maybe you could have the choice to hunt them down for thier power and become the new ruler of the realms!