Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-19-2012, 11:58 PM   #51
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Diablo III - Lets all pick a server together to play on!

I moved and just got the internet back. I haven't been able to play in a looong time. On top of that I am crazy work shifts. I hope I can play again soon.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:36 PM   #52
MagiK
Emerald Dragon

In Reply to Z's comments on Drops. Yes until you get to Level 60 and are in inferno and you build up your Nefelim (sp) points your drops will suck for the most part but as a level 60 you go back to earlier parts of the game you can get better gear to drop to use with your Alts. (working on my 3rd Level 60 alt at the moment) Sorry to say the Blacksmith leveling was a waste, altho supposedly you can get recipes/schematics to drop to have him become more useful....with 3 level 60 characters I still have only found 3 or 4 low level schematics...that is pretty sad. As for teaming up, it is hard in Inferno to team as you will be getting killed enough with the "weaker" enemies by your self, together it gets way harder...and no I havent finished Inferno with any of my guys......repairs cost too much...so for now Im focusing on getting one of each character type to level 60.

Oh and as the game is..its pointless to run a "Hard Core" character since there is nothing you can do to prevent the occasional death....too many of the bosses get random affixes that equate to insta-kill for you.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:41 AM   #53
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I'm the same as Majik - I have 3 level 60s, a 4th at 59 and a fifth at 43. I think through probably 500+ hours of play time I have only ever got ONE drop that was itemised for any of my characters. It's just easier to buy your gear at the AH. And unless you want to spend millions of hours farming for drops in Inferno you will also be buying your gear in the AH, so the farming is really for gold. Only thing is, most of the good gear is in the RMAH not the gold AH. I've sold a couple of items in the RMAH in the $10-$15 range, that's it. I'm planning to sell some mats once they remove that $0.25/unit price minimum as nobody wants to buy a stack of 100 essences for $25.

It is REALLY hard to get through inferno without decent gear. Even with my monk I spent like $100k on his gear and he still struggled, though to be fair monks tend to suck in inferno unless they are in a group. I spent 300k gold on my barbarian and he is doing much better - I actually have a decent chance against the elite packs without getting two shotted.

I think I will eventually go back to WoW though...I'm starting to get bored with it. There's not enough of an effort-reward thing for me - you can spend like 20 mins and multiple wipes trying to kill 2 elite packs with really shitty affixes only to get shit loot. Then you can get a legendary drop from breaking open a barrel. Once my last 2 toons hit 60 I think that will be it for me.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #54
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Have to agree, it doesn't have all that much going for it in terms of long term playability, I'm sorry to say.

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #55
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

Let me put it like this...from all the people i have on my Battle.net real ID list, roughly 50% were playing D3 after the release, the rest remained in WoW, now, only a few months later, everyone exept 3 are full time back in WoW, and with the release of MoP coming up on Sept. 25, they will most likely ALL be back. To make a long story short...D3 isn't what it promised to be.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:46 AM   #56
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I got bored.

In D2, even if I am really bored with the game, I can still log in and do a quick 1 pindleskin run and then log off. This whole process takes like 2 ~ 3 minutes. It's so simple and doesn't take your time. Hell, you can probably do this in your sleep.

In D3, I'm been forced to find 5 elites for the 5 nv stack buff before I can go kill a boss. This whole process takes me about 20 ~ 30 minutes. This just takes too long. Not, to mention sometimes the elites can have terible affixes that can makes the elite nearly unkillable. Don't forget if you take to long to kill, the enrage timer will kick in.

inb4 zomg nub u suck 30 minute farm trololol.

Last edited by Kakero; 07-31-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote