Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 08-26-2003, 06:11 PM   #1
Oli
Elite Waterdeep Guard

is there anywhere i can get a list of the rankings for the guilds so i know how well im doin ?
Oli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 06:25 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I'm sure that's available somewhere, although I don't know anywhere offhand. The site I used to use seems to be unavailable atm. However you can easily tell by checking how high your skill level must be to reach the next rank. The last rank in each is when you need 100 in one skill (although you can reach the top before that for some guilds).
Old 08-26-2003, 07:12 PM   #3
PufferFish
The Magister

if you right click and look at the chart where it says how high your skills are, and go down, right before your bounty it will show all the guilds that you are in and if you hold the mouse over the name of one guild it will show you what skills you need for advancement, what you rank is, and what the next rank is too.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:41 PM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

You can check them out on your TES : Editor. just look for the guild ranking section.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 05:22 AM   #5
HammerHead
Zhentarim Guard

The Imperial Cult will tell you all their ranks if asked, but I think they're the only one who do that.

C
Old 08-27-2003, 02:36 PM   #6
Oruboris

I've been training up my magic skills in an effort to get the mages to promote me, but they keep saying 'You don't meet the requirements for Warlock', though I seem to, based on the numbers in the 'affiliations' menu...

Any thoughts?

I'm also debating whether to join any of the great houses or the Morag tong. I've just delivered the 'dissident priests' book to the native wise woman, haven't caught the corpus yet, but have 100 in every attribute except for pers and luck, so I'm kinda thinking it might be better just to push on through, and finally FINISH this game for the first time!

OTOH, I quite like my current character, and will probably end up building another just like him if I decide I missed to much and want to re-play immediatly...

Oru
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 06:10 PM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Maybe you need to do more quest for the mage guild for them to promote you.

Join any of them if you like. but remember this make you finish this game later as you are sideline by more quest. do what you think you should do.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 10:49 PM   #8
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Oruboris:
I've been training up my magic skills in an effort to get the mages to promote me, but they keep saying 'You don't meet the requirements for Warlock', though I seem to, based on the numbers in the 'affiliations' menu...

See what they say when they don't promote you. If you don't have high enough skills they'll say something like 'we admire your commitment [ie you've done lots of quests] but you need to work on your skills more'. If you haven't done enough quests they'll say 'we admire your skills [ie your skills are high enough] but we're not sure about your commitment'. You have to do two to three quests per advancement level. Check that you have the minor skills high enough as well. You may have enough in a major requirement but not enough in the two minors.

I would join a house at least. I found the morag tong quests very tedious and didn't do that many (they require a lot of far off wandering for little reward ), but I think it's worth it to join one of the houses. Make sure you join the most suitable house for your character-type (ie fighter - Redoran, thief - Hlaalu, mage - Telvanni) so the quests and rewards are most appropriate. One thing you may not be aware of - you can finish the main quest and just play on, not like most games where after the final sequence that's it and you have to reload to do extra stuff. So you might want to just complete that and then join a house if you like your character.
Old 08-28-2003, 05:47 AM   #9
Oruboris

My bad: for some reason, I was looking at my requirements for Temple promotions, instead of Mages: Didn't qualify till I hid out and cast a LOT of destruction spells...

I joined the Telvani with my last character before I abandoned him. Didn't like 'em much: can't get behind the casual slavery, period.

Spoil me: are all the houses pro-slavery to the core, and does becoming the nevarine change any of that?

Oru
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 06:51 AM   #10
HammerHead
Zhentarim Guard

Afaik, only Telvanni trade slaves. That does not mean the other houses are against it, but if iirc, none of their quest involves slaves.

C