Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2001, 03:18 PM   #1
S-p-a-z
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i am pretty new to this stuff and i was wondering who is better and why valyger or kalderon i'm on chapter 3
just found kalderon in the swers
anyway who should i take and why?
Old 07-23-2001, 05:47 PM   #2
trux

In my opinion, Keldorn is much better than Valygar. Keldorn is the only NPC in the game that can use one of the best swords in the game (Holy Avenger.) In addition he gets good abilities from being an Inquisitor. I don't really like Valygar that much.

------------------
trux
Old 07-23-2001, 05:54 PM   #3
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

First of all, welcome.
SPOILER
I would prefer Keldorn, because he is a paladin which means he can wield the Carsomyr +5 two-handed sword. I like his side quest and his dialogues better, too. But it depends on how you like to play the game and the composition of your party. On the one hand, Keldorn is a better fighter and more like a father figure-especially for Anomen-, but Valygar´s got that cool Wesley Snipes style and can double-wield weapons. I have both of them in my current party, cause they are two of the coolest chars in the game. Which NPCs did you get besides them?

------------------
-UCANTZEECALIFORNIAWITHOUTMARLONBRANDOSEYEZ-
Old 07-23-2001, 06:12 PM   #4
trux

Don't completely discount Valygar. You should keep him in your party at least long enough to do his quest - which happens to be quite large and one of the more famous quests of the game (especially if your main character is a mage.)

------------------
trux
Old 07-23-2001, 06:21 PM   #5
S-p-a-z
Elite Waterdeep Guard

well i have done valyger's quest already.
hmm my npc's are Amonon jahira and nalia ad minsc
i wanted to ur arie but i needed a thief at least till i get imoan back...
and nalia is pretty decent after all
Old 07-23-2001, 07:00 PM   #6
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

You´re kidding! Nalia is the worst NPC in the entire game! She´s whiney, incompetent and, well, she sucks!
SPOILER(cause I don´t know how far you made it through the game)
Go get Jan. He´s a better thief and a mage/illusionist. Also, Nalia hasn´t got one good dialogue, Jan has plenty.

------------------
-UCANTZEECALIFORNIAWITHOUTMARLONBRANDOSEYEZ-
Old 07-23-2001, 07:57 PM   #7
Seid
Manshoon

I agree. Jan is better than Nalia. Also I would suggest you drop that whining Anomen and pick up Viconia in the Government district.

------------------
You cannot escape the inevitable.
Old 07-24-2001, 03:00 AM   #8
Guyan Sethe
Dungeon Master

Anomen may be a jerk, but if you do his quests properly he becomes awesome. Viconia, on the other hand, is the best Cleric/healer in the game and her advice in the Underdark is very valuable. Keldorn vs. Valygar = Keldorn.

------------------
Might makes right.
Old 07-24-2001, 03:10 AM   #9
Laurel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, if you want some good dialogue, keep Anomen and pick up Jan. The two are constantly bickering, and Jan comes up with some pretty good insults, IMO. Nalia does kind of suck...she's a good mage, but her thieving skills are terrible. She's really just a cheap imitation of Imoen.
Old 07-24-2001, 03:58 AM   #10
Icing Death
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, IMO, Valygar is better. I gave him the Celestial Fury which is considered by some to be one of the best weapons in the game. I had him orignally dual weilding the family blade, then the belm, and after just recently playing through the game for my 2nd time, I defeated Drizzt's party when I was "waylaid be enemies". I gave the Scimitar +5 Defender to Valygar and thus had him dual weilding the C Fury + +5 Defender. Makes a nice combination
I also gave him the girdle of frost giant strength, and some bloves that allow improved haste to be cast once per day.