Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 11-16-2003, 11:37 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I just got through with browsing some mods online, and had to stop because the thing timed out and when I try to log back into gamespy, it says that my CD key is still in use, to wait five minutes and try again.

What is that crap?

Anyway, about this mod I was in. I have "never" seen it's equal.
* I hit a spot and was blasted through the air to land in another area.
* I stepped on one spot and all this strange light and flashes covered me with animation I have never seen on NWN.
* The sounds that come with NWN were altered in different tones and their were new sounds that may have been more extreme altered ambient noise.
* There was a room where I could name what monster I wanted to fight and how many of them I wanted at once. That was really fun!

It was the best mini mod I have ever seen, but cannot not find it again, or even log into any other mod due to something wierd with my CD key. Do you think I have been hacked and that my CD key has been stolen in that game?
Old 11-17-2003, 12:02 AM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

No you haven't been hacked [img]smile.gif[/img] . When you time out (the server obviously went down since you can't find it again) your CD key can get stuck. If the host looks to his server your name would still be logged in there, thus using up your cd-key. Now, NWN's will not let u join another server because your CD-key is already in use by that server and it thinks you are someone else trying to use a pirate key. Usually you wait about 5 minutes and It's sorted.

The server you described is nothing new to me (that sounds arrogant but I don't mean it to). This is simply a server with some good scripting. Monster spawners are relatively common, transportation scripts and specific VFX too. I'm not trying to put it or your experience down at all just letting you know it is not unique in itself and you should maybe 'shop-around' more on Mper. There is some great stuff out there.

Do not despair though, when the server comes back online it will re-appear in your 'History' tab in the Gamespy console when you go MPer.
Old 11-17-2003, 04:53 PM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Try checking your History log in Gamespy - it may have the mod listed there. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote