Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-22-2002, 01:16 AM   #1
Blade
Emerald Dragon

well in my surfing i came across this its another theory about how stonehenge was created here is the link
Old 02-22-2002, 05:48 AM   #2
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Interesting....
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 02-22-2002, 11:55 AM   #3
Epona
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Blade:
well in my surfing i came across this its another theory about how stonehenge was created here is the link

That's an interesting article Blade, but it's NOT about Stonehenge at all I'm afraid! It's about a prehistoric man-made structure called Silbury Hill. It is fascinating to read about though, but not Stonehenge by any stretch of the imagination [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2002, 02:30 PM   #4
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

LOL! Hmmm, Interesting None The Less...
Old 02-22-2002, 02:42 PM   #5
Blade
Emerald Dragon

ups i could have sworn it was talking about stonehenge o well that will teach me to read articles more carefully [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2002, 03:20 PM   #6
Epona
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Blade:
ups i could have sworn it was talking about stonehenge o well that will teach me to read articles more carefully [img]tongue.gif[/img]

LOL, that's OK Blade - it is a good article anyway, and anyone interested in Stonehenge would likely be interested in that too!

There is a lot of work being done at Silbury at the moment, which is why there is new information about it. Unfortunately, due to heavy rain and people climbing all over it, a 19th century excavation pit in the top of the mound collapsed inwards last year, severely damaging the monument. English Heritage have been frantically doing conservation work to preserve the hill and make it safe, and at the same time have been using the opportunity to do a lot of research.
Old 02-22-2002, 03:26 PM   #7
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yeah, Silbury hill is different, but still a very interesting landmark, I think just not as widely known as Stonehenge.
It's a pity thereb are so many places like that in England that aren't nearly as well documented.
Old 02-22-2002, 05:43 PM   #8
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Anybody seen this site yet? [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.tamponhenge.co.uk/
Old 02-22-2002, 05:59 PM   #9
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Hey, Epona. You are an archaeologisdt, aren't you? What periods do you specialize in?
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society