Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2001, 10:27 PM   #11
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

You Mods are great! No-one expects you to be everywhere all the time!

I have been critical of ONE action that I thought may have been hasty - but I have been here 7 months and only found the ONE small criticism! That's praise!

You guys do a great job, and I admire you all. I doubt I would have the patience!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 09-12-2001).]
Old 09-12-2001, 10:32 PM   #12
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

The only thing I would say is to be truly impartial. No matter what the majority is saying, realize that EVERYONE has a right to their opinions. MAJORITY DOES NOT RULE. I've had good and bad experiences here. I must say that the bad came when I was expressing opinions that went against the general viewpoint.

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else. But from that day forward, mothers would tell their kittens that if they were not good, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him.
Old 09-12-2001, 10:34 PM   #13
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:
The only thing I would say is to be truly impartial. No matter what the majority is saying, realize that EVERYONE has a right to their opinions. MAJORITY DOES NOT RULE. I've had good and bad experiences here. I must say that the bad came when I was expressing opinions that went against the general viewpoint.

When was that, Liliara? I don't remember that incident at all.

BTW, love the sig! I've been a huge fan of Watership Down since I was 9 years old.

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 10:35 PM   #14
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:

my best experiences are 250 vs all

and it turned out to be I am right... of course, it never happened

Old 09-12-2001, 10:43 PM   #15
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

As someone who has been a Mod on another forum, I can attest that it can be a very burdensome position. One of the hardest things about it is that one has to act responsibly at all times, even when one would rather get down in the mud and roll around with the regular posters.

I wish to say that I am extremely impressed with the Modding of this forum. With the possible exception of one understandable incident, which I myself might very well be mistaken about, I have nothing but respect for the MODs here. My hat is off to you guys. You are doing a hell of a job, especially considering the circumstances of the last couple of days.
Old 09-12-2001, 10:49 PM   #16
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
When was that, Liliara? I don't remember that incident at all.

BTW, love the sig! I've been a huge fan of Watership Down since I was 9 years old.

Thank you Saz!( I've been a fan since I first saw the movie around Easter when I was about 6. Didn't read the book till later.

You had nothing to do with the incidents that I am speaking of. I must say that the Mods are usually VERY fair. Sometimes, though, when they accuse others of flaming, they pay no attention to the majority who are flaming for their own beliefs. I can understand this too a point, but if rules are in place, they need to be there for everyone!

------------------

LH Member

General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else. But from that day forward, mothers would tell their kittens that if they were not good, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him.
Old 09-12-2001, 10:58 PM   #17
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
You guys are super I'd tell you to keep up the good work, but I know there's no need
Old 09-12-2001, 11:05 PM   #18
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks, Liliara! Yes, my wife and I read "Watership" about once a year. We always get something new out of it.

I can understand sometimes how it may seem that things go one-sided. From a human perspective, because of cultural differences, etc., often it is not favoritism, but the mod really not being able to see what is really going on.

Best thing to do is, if you feel you're being unjustly attacked, e-mail a mod (check which one is online at the time), explain your position, and point us to the thread in question. A lot of times, we haven't even looked at the thread. I know there's a lot of threads I overlook at times, simply because they hold little or no personal interest for me...yet I have to monitor them as well as others.

Thanks, and blessings,

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 11:11 PM   #19
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Thanks, Liliara! Yes, my wife and I read "Watership" about once a year. We always get something new out of it.

I can understand sometimes how it may seem that things go one-sided. From a human perspective, because of cultural differences, etc., often it is not favoritism, but the mod really not being able to see what is really going on.

Best thing to do is, if you feel you're being unjustly attacked, e-mail a mod (check which one is online at the time), explain your position, and point us to the thread in question. A lot of times, we haven't even looked at the thread. I know there's a lot of threads I overlook at times, simply because they hold little or no personal interest for me...yet I have to monitor them as well as others.

Thanks, and blessings,

Thank you for the information. I will take your advice in the future!

I am curious to know, heve you ever read `Tales From Watership Down'? My mom gave it to me for Christmas a few years back. Pretty interesting.

------------------

LH Member

Old 09-12-2001, 11:15 PM   #20
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I've heard of that, but I've never gotten a chance to read it. Maybe this year I'll pick it up. Thanks for reminding me!

Cheers,

------------------