Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2001, 10:37 PM   #21
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

This is the same issue that GameBanshee came up with some time ago, and they aren't half as busy as we are.

Z, if you do plan to move the site back to the old server, make sure that they are a-ok - remember what happened last time!

It feels good to be back though.

------------------
Old 06-28-2001, 10:39 PM   #22
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by DawnChaser:
"Let's start a thread to explore this further!"

Good idea.

------------------
Old 06-28-2001, 11:09 PM   #23
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:

Maybe some of us who can and are willing to do so could mail Ziroc to ask for his postal address, then mail him a small amount of cash ? I already did send cash in a letter before, and the letter was delivered allright.

I'll start - right now !

You guys are too kind , If you can't afford it, PLEASE don't send a donation, I understand as anyone would, and don't expect any I have always done this site for free, and it'll always be free to all, but if ya want to donate, here is my address, I'll put the money in the bank for when I need it for more server stuff (if needed) and other goodies!

Dan Huling
5028 Kensignton Hts Dr
Lakeland, FL 33811 (USA)

Please, no stalkers though! I have a BIG cat and he bites!!

hehehe, Thanks guys!! You are all amazing people, and a part of my family!

Thanks!!

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 06-28-2001, 11:14 PM   #24
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
This is the same issue that GameBanshee came up with some time ago, and they aren't half as busy as we are.

Z, if you do plan to move the site back to the old server, make sure that they are a-ok - remember what happened last time!

It feels good to be back though.

Same here, I HATED not being able to post easily.. Netscape. indeed. hah!

Yeah, I've talked with him, and made SURE he is financially stable. He's run an ISP since 1994, and plans to keep it going. He's setting up his ISP for Wireless modems, which is something new, and should bring him income..

PS: Mem, check out the AD&D book forum, I have a post there for ya!!

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 06-28-2001, 11:25 PM   #25
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
He also said we were the 2nd busiest website they host!
...Well?!!?...What's number one!!!!!
Ironworks to the top!!
Old 06-28-2001, 11:30 PM   #26
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Same here, I HATED not being able to post easily.. Netscape. indeed. hah!

Yeah, I've talked with him, and made SURE he is financially stable. He's run an ISP since 1994, and plans to keep it going. He's setting up his ISP for Wireless modems, which is something new, and should bring him income..

PS: Mem, check out the AD&D book forum, I have a post there for ya!!

And now what is wrong w/Netscape!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 06-28-2001, 11:36 PM   #27
Moni

Ziroc,
I have a friend in Lakeland!
Wow it is a small world!
Being that I work for room and board, I am always broke, but I do get rewards now and then for a job well done...when one happens to come along that is monetary (sometimes they are), I'd be more than happy to share it with you!
I promise I'll send it via snail mail and not have my friend deliver it in person LOL!

Moni

As far as hosting sigs go...I have a lot of room on a couple of web pages where I could help some people out if need be.

------------------

Old 06-29-2001, 03:38 AM   #28
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

Moiraine!

Several of us did send donations during that two week time of no server (shudders to remember NO forums at all). And that's how we ended up HERE when we did, so it's not a bad idea.... I need to look into how another forum of mine does it. Takes voluntary donations. NO one has to tell the whole board if they donate or not and how much, all done on board in special section. Now if I can just find time to go there....

Cloudy, off to multi!

Didn't know that ... You should have told me !
Anyway, Clouddy, keep us informed about how your Forum did it.

------------------

The world is my oyster !
And now I have the knives to open it ...
Old 06-29-2001, 03:53 AM   #29
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Wow! Cool Ziroc!

Well I could pay alittle money to guarantee this place to have it easier and also help it to be up and running!

Though I don´t have a Visa card yet.. Will get one soon i hope hehe.. let us know how we can help (except the spamming part LOL) !

Cheers!

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 06-29-2001, 07:21 AM   #30
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

I, for one, am glad to join in with the others on a small donation. It would cost quite a bit for the hint book for each of these games anyway, plus here you have a hundred people dedicated to finding your answer.

You do accept gold pieces and Bejourils, right?

I'm not suggesting this by any means, but a thought has occurred (ouch)

I wonder how many people would donate cash if it meant their graphic avatar would go up a few notches? Problematic, I know, but it seems some are obsessed with the rank. Cut down on spam, increase cash flow, irritate the old-timers...